Supra Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey Stu, for the RPM meter (tacho) its just come to my attention that i've been hitting fuel/ign cut even before i've reaches the Redline or RPM cut limit on the ECU.. but when i rechecked on my ecu reading, the rpm on the tach was lower than the actual ecu reading and even my defi VSD on rpm shows the ecu correct RPM while the oem tach does not. and the higher rev u go, the more worse RPM difference it is. i've tried adjusting the ECU duty output (HALTECH ECU) for the tach but does not response to any changes ive made. over the years the settiings on the ECU was spot on while tunning (Tach and ECU rpm reading was on PAR). can it be fixed?

·
Stock Twins King
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey Stu, for the RPM meter (tacho) its just come to my attention that i've been hitting fuel/ign cut even before i've reaches the Redline or RPM cut limit on the ECU.. but when i rechecked on my ecu reading, the rpm on the tach was lower than the actual ecu reading and even my defi VSD on rpm shows the ecu correct RPM while the oem tach does not. and the higher rev u go, the more worse RPM difference it is. i've tried adjusting the ECU duty output (HALTECH ECU) for the tach but does not response to any changes ive made. over the years the settiings on the ECU was spot on while tunning (Tach and ECU rpm reading was on PAR). can it be fixed?
Well it could be a couple things. Have you ever actually removed the needle at one point? It could also be the capacitors are getting bad. I recall there is really on 2. Could try installing/replacing with new ones?
Tach Caps.JPG

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the reply.. nope.. never open up the tach.. will try to replace the capacitors

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi Stu:
Thanks for sharing this...
My TRD Tach just stopped working..not sure why...I may have to send it your way..
Thx

·
Stock Twins King
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi Stu:
My TRD Tach just stopped working..not sure why...I may have to send it your way..
Thx
Hi Stu:
Thx
Very rare for a tach just to stop working. I have seen it happen once when someone connected the battery terminals backwards and fried a resistor. 95% of the time it is something to do with a NA-TT swap. Or some wiring issues that feeds the tach. Also can be one of the 3 screws holding the tach in has backed out losing contact to the copper pads.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts