Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our next event is taking place December 13 & 14th, 2003
Price: $180 one day / $285 both days (+ $30 per day instructor fee required for novices)

Duration: 2 day / 4+ hours of track time per group!*

Track: Thunderhill Raceway Park (North of Sacramento, CA)

Registration: Open at http://www.speedventures.net/event_forms.asp

Timing: There are currently transponders available for rental

Event Info:

Considered by some to be the best track in California, Thunderhill is a newer 3 mile track in the hills north of Sacramento with many exciting features: elevation changes, off camber turns, very long straights, high-speed doglegs and blind corners. We will be running the full Thunderhill track with the Cyclone in the counter-clockwise direction on Saturday (the usual direction), and counter-clockwise direction without the Cyclone on Sunday.

Convertibles with factory rollbars are allowed.

There will be a race group at this event. Racers will practice and qualify in the morning each day and race at lunch time.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We don't use pylon chicanes; it would make our timing equipment kind of pointless.

There'll be about 20 cars on the track at a time if it fills up.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We're paying for the whole track, I figure we might as well use it ;)

Notice that we're running with the Cyclone on Sat, bypassing the Cyclone Sunday, so choose your poison.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
yeah, hence the saturday choice ;) I love that off-camber right hander coming off the cyclone. Man I'm already getting excited -- I've never done turns 7 and 8 at high speed -- only the half-track layouts...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
My 7 won't be done, but maybe I'll bust out the Supra :D I do have some V700s just itchin to be used. Will you allow at track registration if you are not full (for the equivelant of NASA group 4)? Thanks, Carl
BTW is that 4 hours a day, or 2 hours a day(must be 2)
4-30 minute sessions?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Ya, I know, but in the winter, I usually pay NASA the extra 50.00 (if they even charge it, which sometimes they do not) to avoid being in the situation of running in the rain, or being out 180.00. They discourage it because it is harder to run the event if you do not know your turn out, also in the winter, half the guys are like me, and would rather pay 50 extra than lose 180.00. If it rain the group could face a loss. Either way I understand, but I won't sign up in advance in the winter for the reasons I stated above. With all due respect fluxen ;) thanks, Carl

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In2twins: if you email us closer to the event, we'll know what turnout's going to be like, but probably there will be space if you want to walk on register.

Yep, always rain or shine. I haven't seen an event yet where the track cancelled the day, which means they charge us either way, so we *have to* drive :)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Thanks, I'll do that. For the record I empathise with the dilema that that creates, but in the winter Allowing on site registration may well increase participation, ie, I will be planning on going, and only if it's dumping will I skip it. Thank you, Carl

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Guess I'll do a day-of reg as well ;)

How about a roll-call of who is planning on going?

fluxen -- Zo6
in2twins -- mkiv?
ma71supraturbo -- mk3

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
matbe the Supra, or....

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I know it's ugly, and lucky for you guys, the 18x12 SSR SP1s (W/ 345-28-18 slicks) have not arrived yet from Japan, but next spring, Muhuhuhahaha

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Red maybe, but probably Milenium yellow(fluxen, that's a color you can relate to) I am also waiting on a APR GTC300 Carbon fiber wing.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
in2twins said:
Red maybe, but probably Milenium yellow (fluxen, that's a color you can relate to)
Now you have me curious...how's that?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Milenium yellow is a ZO6 color. Anyway, if I go it will have to be the Supra in BPU trim, the single won't be done in time. Also, I told my wife the race car was so that I would no longer have to track the Supra, LOL ;) hope to see you there. Carl

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, logically that rule doesn't start until the race car is done :D

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Agreed :D now if the Supra is a race car then I can drive either, and be true to my promise to only track "the race car";)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts