Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my Profec B and I'm curious as to if you could just splice the sender hose of a boost gauge into the hose on the boost controller? Would this accuratly read boost?

Or would I just be better of connecting my boost gauge elsewhere?

Craig

·
Addicted to boost
525 Posts
I comtemplated the same thing when I installed my boost controller and boost gauge. If you look at the write up at mkiv.com for the installation of a boost gauge, that's how the guy did it if you look closely at his pictures.

I was a little worried about this too, so I just ran my line through the firewall and teed (sp?) into a vacuum line around the TB. If you would a picture to show an exact location, let me know.

To answer your question though, you're idea should hypothetically work perfectly. Happy Boosting!!!:)

James
93.5 TT

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Would you T into the hose that goes into the Profec B, or one of the lines going in/out of the solenoid? I figured it would be the output of the solenoid thats going to the wastegate?

Or would it be the hose that goes to the Profec B?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
sorry i cant help you...but thats a great diagram (especially the wastegate :cool: )

·
Addicted to boost
525 Posts
Craig King said:
Would you T into the hose that goes into the Profec B, or one of the lines going in/out of the solenoid? I figured it would be the output of the solenoid thats going to the wastegate?

Or would it be the hose that goes to the Profec B?

Your last statement would be correct.

James
93.5 TT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts