Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there anyone in SPokane that is decent at tunig? or have done it before at least?

I just got a complete emanage setup that i'm about to install in the next week or so... the instlal is a peice of cake, i'm good at wiring and what not, but the tuning itself has gotten me confused. I have all the nessesary hardware, but i don't have someone that knows what they're doing. :)

if no one is around i'll just start messing with it myself, i imaigne that's how everyone learned in the first place, but it'd be nice to have someone else around to make sure i don't fuck my engine :)

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
Justin said:
Is there anyone in SPokane that is decent at tunig? or have done it before at least?

I just got a complete emanage setup that i'm about to install in the next week or so... the instlal is a peice of cake, i'm good at wiring and what not, but the tuning itself has gotten me confused. I have all the nessesary hardware, but i don't have someone that knows what they're doing. :)

if no one is around i'll just start messing with it myself, i imaigne that's how everyone learned in the first place, but it'd be nice to have someone else around to make sure i don't fuck my engine :)
do you have a wideband?

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
You might call F-Tunning in CDA. Only real performance shop I know of in the area. They have worked on Doug Parkers Supra and build 800 hp twin turbo 4-runners.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, i've got a ZT2.

I don't want a shop to do it... I know they could get me perfect results, but I really want to do this myself, or with another supra owner. I've done all the work on this car that i have the ability to, i don't want to have someone else start doing work now.

I guess if no one is around I'll just start working on it myself :)

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
im not too familiar with the emanage but i have tuned my safc on back roads here in town. i also have the zt2 and i have used the data logging program so i am familiar to it... let me know when your gonna do it and i might be able to help a little...

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks man, it should be fairly soon. if i can figure out the ignition diagram then it should be installed tomorrow.

i imagine ican figure out the software aspect of it, I just don't understand the tuning part to well, since you've done your afc i'm sure we can get it runnin

were do you live? south hill, north side, valley?

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
Any of you guys going to the Spokane raceway park this Fri night?
I may be going...
There was a Cocky LS1 owner at the races this past weekend that wanted run?

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
i live on the northside. i have wed, and thurs off. so i should be free... i am going to be cutting and buffing my lip and side skirts (freshly painted) tomorrow (wed) but its not a priority so pm me if you wanna hook up. i wanna go to the races this fri but i am currently running on fouled plugs so my car doesnt pull that hard at 7psi, gets too rich. i hopefully will have them by then.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know if I'm going to have it done that soon, I probally could though. I've got the emanage and e01 to install. the wiring really isn't too diffcult, its just a matter of getting out and doing it :)

I just figured out the races were open a few days ago :rolleyes: I'm suprised they're open so soon.

I suppose that woudl give me a few decent chances to get a few good logs eh?

7 PSI? why so low, I thought mk4's ran alot higher than that

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spokane II

hey if anyone in spokane see's a Pioneer DEH-P640 for sale cheap by someone who doesn't seem very reputable give me a hollar...

some low-life worthless peice of dog poo broke into my friends car in front of my house and took his radio, sunglasses, and a bunch of other stuff... but left his 300 dollar radar detector sitting on his dash... wtf?

they also used an ice scraper (it froze last night) on my window... saw my alarm and left me alone... lucky me

Ima hit the pawn shops and stuff but I doubt anything'll come of it

I live on the northside, in case it helps

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
thats fine.. take your time. i only hit 7 psi is cause i have an na-t.. i have 10:1 compression. im about as fast maybe a little faster than a TT

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
JR I got 6 Brand New NGK 6097's If you want em,..
20 bux? hows it sound..
Already pregapped to.32

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
yeah i prob take those plugs from ya so i can hit the track... i prob need them tomorrow cause changing them takes about 1.5 to 2 hours on an na. have to remove throttle body. id be up for racing justin

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
holy smokes NA,.. Hm well I live in Moses Lake...
let me know how you wanna do the exchange

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if you get em and want a hand puttin em in i am handy with a wrench

if i get out there i wanna log a couple runs, it'd be perfect for tuing

how long have you been at circuit? do you know if you guys are hiring any mobile sales/installers?

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
yeah i will let you know.. i just might go get some cheap ones at schucks or napa tomorrow. i dont really have time to go to moses lake tomorrow. too bad im not TT, then it would take just minutes to change em out. i worked there for just over three years working in warehouse, then went to magnolia.. but mag closed then they offered me a job as an installer.. so i have been doing that for a couple months now.. yeah we might have an opening in sales.. go to circuitcity.com and apply. my girlfriend is in charge of all the online apps so we will do our best to get something. im on my gfriends laptop and for some reason my internet at my house is all f**ked up. i have comcast but its not working at all.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fun stuff eh? Installing? I worked in sales for a year an a bit at BestBuy then I installed for a few months... i'd love to get back into it.
i filled out the application so it should be in the system, have your girlfriend work her magic :)

a friend of mine was saying her comcast wasn't working at all either, mine has been working fine. *shrug* dunno.

:rolleyes: I'm not going to be able to get the emanage tuned... i might get it installed but when I ordered it from HPF I asked ron to send the pressure sensor harness... there was amiscommunication and he just sent me an additional harness to the one that comes with the e01, not the one i needed, so it will be a few days :(

might still be able to go out to the track, lemme know if you go

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
If the LS1 guys get out of hand, we can always put out a call to Byron Dhillon to head up there and regulate!

:eek2:

We will likely be having an eastern WA Supra meet on the 4th of July weekend, so would love to have the Spokane and Moses Lake guys be able to attend. The meet will be based in Pullman if we do it similarly to years past, but we will have some driving to take us out of town also. :)

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
my plugs werent fouled... i just had a boost leak!! well i went to the track last night... first I raced a mkiii. mostly stock. it was auto.. i beat it by about 10 car lenghts. then raced a gst eclipse. 5 speed also stock. had bad start and spun the tires alot. beat him by 4 car lenghts. raced my friends NA MKIV 5 speed. better start and beat him by about 4.5 to 5 car lenghts. was a lot of fun. very crowded too. it would have been nice to see byron show up and beat the shit out of every one there... including the white viper.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts