Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

All 4th gear dynos. Same dyno for the most part*.

Regards,
Andi
'98 TT
Boostaholic.com

* The sequential dyno was on a different dyno (Jarrett's) but it seems to have the same spooling characteristics as the Speedworks dyno where the TTC dyno and the T64 dyno are from, and both stock twins dynos are from my car. The TTC vs. Sequential difference is as it should be so I trust this superimposed graph.

B

·
0 Posts
Dude, wait till you see the curve of my 57 once I get it on a dyno(this Saturday) and tune it. This damn turbo spools so fast its funny. Usually when I had my stock twins I could jump singled cars a little just cause I could out spool them. With this SP57 I can jump stock twin cars and just keep pulling. Its great:) Kinda wierd though, usually in a single car you get to floor it and hear the bad ass exhaust note for the second or so before it spools. In mine all you hear is SSSHHHHHHHHHHH the second you hit the gas in any gear at any RPM. The turbo is super loud. Anyway, my area under the curve is gonna be very interesting:)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Brad... does that SP57 kit come with installation documentation, or do I need to be a mechanic to throw it on?.... I sorta want one to replace my stock twins.. but I dont know everything I MUST have... I want to keep it bare minimum to save me money so just the absolute necessities..

do I NEED a VPC?

Im assuming I NEED a FMIC too right?... im trying to figure out the cost to get one of those damn kits.. mind if I ask what it cost you to go from BPU to SP57 total?

B

·
0 Posts
It cost a good bit. I cut every corner and left off all the froo froo options(polishing). I already had a BOV and already had an FMIC. Email me and I'll give you some more info on how to do it easy/cheap.

·
3,148 Posts
You don't have to have a FMIC or VPC to go single. Both will add horsepower but they are not necessary. I will be using my stock MAF with my SP63 kit. If it maxes out the stock MAF I will just go with a dual stock MAF setup.

Later, Steve

·
keep livin man, L I V I N
791 Posts
Do SP57 and SP60 sound the same or close? Id rather hear the turbo than exhaust.

Casey

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
You don't have to have a FMIC or VPC to go single. Both will add horsepower but they are not necessary. I will be using my stock MAF with my SP63 kit. If it maxes out the stock MAF I will just go with a dual stock MAF setup.

Later, Steve
How does the computer calculate for 2 MAFs? And how would you wire it up to run 2 MAFs? Would you have to wire the second MAF in with the 1st MAF wires?

A

·
0 Posts
G said:
How does the computer calculate for 2 MAFs? And how would you wire it up to run 2 MAFs? Would you have to wire the second MAF in with the 1st MAF wires?
If you have a Apex'i S-AFC, it's a snap. The AFC will take both inputs and send it out as a single input to the ECU.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:

Later, Steve
How do you know if a turbo maxes out the stock MAF?

Flavio

·
3,148 Posts
The Apexi Super AFC gives you an idea of the % MAF flow being used. I have already seen numbers in the 83% range at BPU+. The car dynoed at 438rwhp, so if I tune for 520rwhp with the SP63 than I will probably max the MAF out. We will see how it acts when I get it on the dyno.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
so I am assumung the purple line to be the sequential turbo running a 438hp and spooling at a lower rpm.
if the red line is the TTC modified turbo, then why do people do it if it puts out less power?

thanks

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nhbpp said:
so I am assumung the purple line to be the sequential turbo running a 438hp and spooling at a lower rpm.
if the red line is the TTC modified turbo, then why do people do it if it puts out less power?

thanks
Sequential spools the 1st turbo earlier as you can see, which is nice for driving around at 2500RPM on the freeway. You ever raced from 2500RPM? I sure as hell don't....

TTC spools the 2nd turbo earlier as you can see... and it's a much more predictable torque curve for exiting a corner/etc when road racing... sequential, I mean double lag, is gay... ;)

TTC has been shown to make slightly more power and a lot more torque as it spools earlier. These two dyno charts (ttc and sequential) aren't at full boost, they're at street boost... so their power should be the same.

Andi

·
Goo Goo Gajoob
1 Posts
Dynojet WINPEP Viewer

Andi - How are you doing? Hope all is well. I've been looking for the WINPEP viewer, but have just been able to find the DOS version. Do you know where I can download the viewer, or could you email it to me?

Thanks!
Eggman.

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Dynojet WINPEP Viewer

Eggman said:
Andi - How are you doing? Hope all is well. I've been looking for the WINPEP viewer, but have just been able to find the DOS version. Do you know where I can download the viewer, or could you email it to me?

Thanks!
Eggman.
Check your email Chris. :)

Andi

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Mayo's dyno is NICE!!!!!

He is also not kidding about how it souds.. All you hear is this eeeeeeee it almost sound like the impellers are scraping the walls!!!! I looked at stephen when i first heard and said um....... That sounds broke to me!

noise level of a sp57 and sp67. the 67 has the air sound when it comes on the 57 has a screaching sound. sorta like fingernails on a chalk board!

I Liked it a Lot, its a shame its now blowing out the flames!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts