Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i recently came accross a Zex dry kit for cheap and i want to ask a few questions to make sure nothing is going to blow up on me here. i used a wet kit befor but im weary of using a dry kit.

Ok, i know zex is smart nitrous and sends signal to the injectors to work harder when the nitrous is sprayed, but how big of a shot can we use for a dry kit befor we have to worry about running lean.

where the heck am i gonna hide that big purple bottle ;) lol just playin i already got a spot in mind :D

i am planning to run a 100 shot, any problems with injectors, or fuel pump?

anything i should be worried about, IE blowing up my motor =\, with the dry kit?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Dry Nitrous kits scare me, I wouldn't use one.

If you decide to use it, just make sure you dyno or get a wideband to make sure your a/f ratio is safe. I'm not sure how Zex adds the extra fuel (raises pressure I'd guess). I'm not sure how much your stock fuel pump will flow at raised fuel pressures. I'd probably upgrade it. Best bet would be to start with a small shot, and work your way up on the dyno watching a/f carefully. Also do a few plug checks while you are there to see if it is detonating.

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats what i was planning on. Zex raises the pressure and makes sure more fuel is added by the injectors some how. i am most likly going to dyno jan 31 and make sure, but i am planning on running a 55 or 75 shot at the start, and i was planning to upgrade the fuel pump next month to a TT one.

i recently changed the plugs to NGK Iridum's with a .28 gap, but i will make sure i check.

but dry nitrous made me warry as well, but the way the kit is setup i belive it would be safe. we shall see, if not i can sell it for aleast what im buying it for.

A

·
0 Posts
Dry kits are only good to a 75 shot anything more and ur really rolling the dice alot, but if u just run a 75 its wonderfully easy to install and use.
Dry kits work the same as a FMU also known as a rising rate fuel pressure regulator. I run a 75 shot on my 85 supra and it works extremely well. 15.8 on the motor and 14.4 on the spray wich makes me very happy.
On the zex box there will be 4 ports
Nitrous IN and OUT
Vacuum IN and OUT (This is where you run the vacuum line from ur intake to the box IN, then the OUT to your fuel pressure regulator)

When activated the zex box alows nitrous to flow to the nozzle and it also uses the 900psi nitrous pressure via the vacuum line and a one way check valve to push down on ur stock fuel pressure regulator wich result in fuel pressure of around 80psi. A lil more than double stock fuel pressure. So each injector flows that much extra fuel because of the high fuel pressure not becuase it changes injector pulse width ect.
The trick to a dry kit is keeping the vacuum line on the fuel pressure regulator and on the box. I personally super glued them on an then used little hose clamps. If that line stays on u will always have enough fuel, just use 93 octane and run some cold turbo plugs

Have fun and enjoy the jug, I ran a dry kit for a year 30 plus passes on a 155k 18 yrs old motor with out incident.... but like my name says it allmotor until u find the bottle or i start losing:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts