Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
hhmmm.... I guess it depends on your def of boucy. Any after market springs should be good. It's very hard to compare without riding in diff Supra's with diff springs within like 5 mins of each other.

I have Koni/Eibach and it's very stiff. It's not even THAT stiff compared to coilovers, but it's very stiff. You feel the bumps and rocks on the pavement.

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
It's not just the spring rates -- it's the damper selection as well.

I run 895/559 or whatever come with the damn Tein RA and they're great. ...as long as the road ain't shitty.

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Its funny I run Koni/Eibach and my car has a extremely comfortable ride, not bouncy or jarring at all, my X5 with the sport package has a harsher ride. I have been in many many Supras with all types of different setups and the Koni/Eibachs have been the smoothest thus far.

·
11,221 Posts
MANI009 said:
Its funny I run Koni/Eibach and my car has a extremely comfortable ride, not bouncy or jarring at all, my X5 with the sport package has a harsher ride. I have been in many many Supras with all types of different setups and the Koni/Eibachs have been the smoothest thus far.
Not sure, I have mine set up on the 3 click.

·
11,221 Posts
Supra JZA80 said:
Which Koni/Eibach were you guys using?
There's only one kind for the Supra. So whatever they say, it's all the same. The Koni's can be called Koni yellow, Koni sport, etc. The Eibachs are just simply known as Eibachs.

·
Highway Demon
2,875 Posts
3 clicks? after looking at the koni webpage and recently just adjusting mine isn't that the stiffest setting you can have on your koni? after searching on the forums alot about adjustment for koni's it seems the consensus recomends setting at level 3 which is 2 clicks at all four corners i just recently changed my settings and it feels great.. my car is handling the low speed turns even better then it used to, now i just need some stiffer spring rates or aftermarket sway bars to help out in the higher speed turns..

Brian

·
Registered
230 Posts
95jza80tt: Just to clarify are you saying that when you set your konis, you put them on full soft and then turned 2 clicks from there (making the shocks 1 click away from full stiff).

Im just asking because i am putting my konis on this week.

also have you heard of many people setting the koni shocks 1 click stiffer in the rear, I know that alot of people with the kyb's go that route.

thanks,
Geoff

·
Highway Demon
2,875 Posts
yes you are correct.. i went to full soft level 1 first then 2 clicks to the right setting it at level 3 which is one click away from beeing at full stiffness.. i was contemplating setting the rear at level 2 which is 1 click up from full soft but i thought that i would keep them even all around in an attempt to keep the same balance of the car.. but if i was unhappy with the way the car felt then i would just re-adjust the rear.. especially since the rear is alot more simple and less time consuming then the front to remove..

Brian

·
Highway Demon
2,875 Posts
most ppl tend to run the eibach springs with the koni shocks.. in fact it seems that the eibach springs are the most common springs that supra owners buy.. dunno why exactly but it is.. i dunno if you seen this yet but i thought i'd post it in case you havn't.. it's a little old but i think most of it is still accurate.. http://mkiv.com/tmp/JZA80_suspension.htm one last thing.. Supra JZA80 are you planning on goign to the big norcal supra meet this weekend?

Brian

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brain,

Thanks. I was looking for that pink. I have seen that long time ago and no luck finding it again. Now, I am looking for a set of suspension but couldn't figure what to go for. I want adjustable ones because I want to go on tracks but, it also runs on SF area. Meaning lots of bumpy and rough roads.

I am trying to be there. Just to show up and hang out. Haven't seen you guys for sometime already, ... after the last movie meet.

-Alan

·
Highway Demon
2,875 Posts
yah.. well as far as the suspension goes eibachs with koni or kyb shocks are fine if you dirve your car often on the streets.. i'd stick with these even though they are not as stiff and then i would focus on sway bars instead.. keeping the ride comfy for the street but the car stable with good handeling is what i want to achieve on my supra personally.. i think the eibach springs are a little on the softer side of what i want though but i'm happy with my set up i guess thus far.. i just need some nice sway bars.. maybe the titan ones and i'll be done with the suspension and wanna move on to some chasis bracing maybe a lsd..

hope you make it to the meet even if its for al ittle while.. should be a big one this time..

Brian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts