Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I live in a giant bucket.
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK suspension experts, here is my question. Would I be good running a 600 front/300 rear setup with koni sport adjustables? I have it riding low, really low, and I want a really nice handling setup but with street driving in mind. Pleas give your input!

·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone using H&R springs, how is the ride compared to stock, and what struts are you using?

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
I would try 800/400, maybe 800/450 (for a more "loose" setup) -- stiffer than the Tein flex, but still softer than the Tein RA. And probably still within koni firm valving

·
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mind you, these springs will be paired with stock fitting struts... i am going KONI myself.

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Tein Flex are linear, pretty hard to compare linear to progressive. That said, I think 800/400 progressive would work well with those Koni's. The Koni's valving is pretty aggressive and should be able to keep up.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
SoupedUpSupra said:
how would an 800/400 setup take to potholes?
With dampener on medium it'd take them pretty well (especially progressive). with dampener on firm it'd be a little stiff. Bishop posted some links in my other thread (future suspension faq) that might help you out

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Some of the spring rates posted in this thread seem really high. Stock is apparently 461 lb/in. front and 215 lb/in. rear. According to this chart my ST springs are even lower spring rate than stock at 442 lb/in. front and 175 lb/in. in the rear. I find that a little hard to believe--if I had to guess I would say they are more like 500 front and 240 rear based on how they feel compared to stock.

EDIT--the Tokicos are softer yet!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
my eibachs dont feel much stiffer than stocks, i still get massive body roll in corners with tokico illuminas , eibachs and ST sways. im wondering how the Tiens will feel on the streets, maybe too bumpy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts