Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Canadian monster
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is that thing on the shifter, why is there that springy thing? what's the purpose? I thought it was useless but every aftermarket kit comes with the same crap.

this is certainly a dumb question but didn't figure it out yet.

thanks a lot

puma

·
Canadian monster
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe, should i need to pull that thing to put it in reverse? if so, i nerver did that.

·
11,221 Posts
Hua said:
You've been driving without reverse lockout?
Wow, I've heard about this the last few days when I tried to sell a shift knob to a 6 speed guy. What's this reverse ring thing? Is it only for 6 speeds?

So you have to pull this "ring" to pop it into reverse or something? Anyone care to take a pic? I'm just curious, that's all.

·
what comes out the butt?
4,469 Posts
Hua said:
You've been driving without reverse lockout?
AGREED!?!?! :wtf:

you need to fix that man, it wouldnt be cool to be cruising at 60mph and go to stick it from 5th to 6th and pop that shit in reverse...

that ring under the shift knob on 6spds is a safety feature, when its working right, you cant put the car in reverse unless you lift that ring up..

-mike

·
Registered
875 Posts
puma said:
maybe, should i need to pull that thing to put it in reverse? if so, i nerver did that.
yeah same here, i've never had to use it to go into reverse - anyone know what the cause is - or how to fix it?

i never shift into 6th without going to 5th, even if i've max accelerated in 4th, i'd go into 5th without letting the clutch out then shift down to 6th to avoid accidentally going 4th to reverse instead of 4th to 6th

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
the spring pushes the lever down... you pull up on the spring and go into reverse. How do you go into reverse?? Just the whole way over and down?? geez that could of been bad.

Fix it? Find the shift block part from toyota, and put that back and also put that spring back in!

·
Takin Out The Trash
344 Posts
Sorry to bring this old thread back up, but I searched and found this, with no real solution. I have this same issue. The ring under my shift knob on my TT has the spring, I can pull up on it and there is tension. However I do not need to pull it up to get into reverse. The final post there gave a sort of way to fix it but not very detailed. Can somebody with this thing working take a look and tell me what actually happens when you pull that ring up that allows it into reverse, and why mine might not be working??

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts