Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2007 FSAE World Champion
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was installing my new southbend clutch yesterday night and the way the disc is labeled appears to be backwards. The side which is labeled to face the pressure plate causes the springs on the clutch disc hub to interfere with the pressure plate fingers and throwout bearing about .25" before the pressure plate friction surface touches the friction material on the clutch disc.

I did some measuring and the disc fits perfect flipped the opposite way and I currently did install i that way. I believe it is a simple mislabel on southbends part but figured I would post up to see what others have to say and hopefully this post can help someone else out in the future.

12417543_10105174322483147_262443580762068841_n.jpg

·
2007 FSAE World Champion
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FWIW, clutch is installed as shown and working great. Southbend stood by their sticker being correct but I don't think I would have been able to install the pressure plate with the disc that direction. I was able to measure that there is plenty of clearance on the fidanza flywheel for the springs to clear mounted toward the flywheel so all is well. Car runs and shifts great.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine was as well backwards lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts