Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87 turbo auto and was wondering why the car would sputter under heavy boosting. I think that one of the coil packs might be going out and heard that it could cause it to do that. Also I was wondering what the max psi you could run on an auto tranny. I am running 10psi on it currently and I have had 2 tranny's go out already.Any tips on how to upgrade it to handle the boost? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
auto trans

hey man i have an 89 auto matic also. the trans cant hold that much power i would recommend an aftermarket trans cooler to keep the temp down and some redline fluid. thats what im going to do as i have been through a trans myself. also try to b uy remanufactured not used (if u got a used one) ps if i f*#ed up how to do this im new cut me some slack!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Regarding the sputtering it could be the coils, plugs, oil or water in the plug galleys, boost leak, coils or ignitors not grounded securely, worn or cracked plug wires, it's really hard to say for sure. Just do a thorough inspection of the things I listed, hopefully you'll find it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for the help. I also found a rip in the grommet where the 3000 pipe meets with the manifold so I am replacing all that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts