Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
91TalonAWD said:
Looks like a lamborghini and an elise.

That's the artist's rendering of what they THINK it will look like. The spy shots are just of a test mule wearing the skin of the previous car.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
ohadohad2 said:
360HP? Kind of low doesnt it? Or it might be a lightweight car ~2500lbs?

Considering its a Lotus I would say it's going to be light weight. I think 360HP will be fine. how much HP did the last Esprit have?

EDIT: Actually I did a search since I wasn't to sure of the specs on the newer esprit and I found that they too made 350HP with a weight just over 3,000 lbs which is not as light as I thought they were. http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Lotus/specs/2003-5---2004-lotus-esprit-v8-twin-turbo-overview/972/

·
Registered
467 Posts
JGsupraTT said:
Considering its a Lotus I would say it's going to be light weight. I think 360HP will be fine. how much HP did the last Esprit have?

EDIT: Actually I did a search since I wasn't to sure of the specs on the newer esprit and I found that they too made 350HP with a weight just over 3,000 lbs which is not as light as I thought they were. http://car-reviews.automobile.com/Lotus/specs/2003-5---2004-lotus-esprit-v8-twin-turbo-overview/972/

Yep that was my point,I doubt this car will drop under 3000lbs .
And in this era that every wannabe sport car got 300+hp Im affraid it wont cut it.
Unless the handling will be AMAZING....and Lotus do know how to do that :D

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Being that Lotus is owned by Proton, I would not be suprised if the car looks close to that artist rendition. Proton has a supercar, I forget it's name, but has lines close to what you see.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Funny... The early lotus's were one my favorite cars... I know it only had a 4 banger but it looked so sexy back in the day....lol

·
Professional Slacker
270 Posts
it looks pretty good. i am sure lotus will make it pretty light. they have always been known for light cars with medium HP that still move pretty good.

Dave O-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts