Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a little long, sorry.:) A few days ago I heard this strange squeaking coming from the rear half of the car. I couldn't really tell what it was or where it was coming from; until last night. I got on it pretty good on the highway before getting off to go home and when I came to a stop and started off again I heard this squeaking noise alot louder than it was before. It wasn't a mouse type squeak but a rather deep bad sounding squeak. So I sat there and engaged and disengaged the clutch and heard some clunking and what not. Nothing out of the ordinary. The squeak stayed constant whether the clutch was engaged or not; while I was moving. So I immediately thought drive shaft or something. I went home and jacked up the car and checked the joints. All looked well. There seemded to be some seepage on the bottom of the tranny though. I don't think it was engine oil. Is it common for the 6 Speeds to leak?? Anyways, I put in gear and engaged the clutch (back wheels off the ground of course) and the squeaking was gone. So it can't be the drive shaft, because it's angle is constant. Any body have any ideas!!?? Any help would be appreciated. Again, sorry for the long post:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts