Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93.5 N/A Supra with 33,xxx miles, recently, I noticed I am getting quite a bit of sqeaking from the rear suspension, when I go over bumps, or even when I back out of the driveway and the suspension flexes.

Any ideas? is there bushing or anything back there that would be causing it, or am I looking at a strut problem? (I'm assuming it's got struts in the back).

What's a strut cost? :)

Thanks

-Dave
[email protected]

·
Registered
158 Posts
DO NOT BUY NEW STRUTS...

I made this unfortunate mistake and end up costing me a little over $600 for it. The squeking is a combination of things. It is do to bad bushings caused by the car being near the coast or in north (salt from the road dries the busings). But the bushings on my car at least were bad on all the control arms (upper and lower) and the rear differential mount. You can take it to some places to get it fixed and it will cost around $1750 or you can buy the parts from Jay Marks at around $750 and take a weekend off and fix it yourself. It is and intensive process that will take a full weekend and some air tools. Just whatever you do.....don't waste your money fixing the struts. You can also grease the bearings really well but the sqeak will be back in about four days. Very temporary fix...but good for dates;)

But if you need some more info feel free to ask since I had the same problem and it just get more annoying. You can never get used to it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Check that the rear suspension is torqued down to the factory specs. Some alignment shops forget to do this and the bolts will come lose over time causing the symptoms you've described.

Bill P 95bpu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts