Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i ordered a new pair of brake bads and shim kits for my rear tire thinking the noise was due from a worn down pad. But when i checked it it has as much pad as the new set. The noise only comes from the rear tire on the drivers side. It doesnt squeak when i brake in reverse, on when going forward? I have no idea what the fuck this is?

My brake lights went out. Im not sure for how long they have been out. I checked the fuses and they are good, so its not that. The top brake light (light on the hatch) works when i brake but the tailights are not working when i brake? My freind says it has to be the wiring because we swapped fuses and everytime the top brake light woud work but the tailights woudnt? When i turn on the lights the two red lights on the taillights turn on but they still dont work when i brake?

Please help,

Thanks

G

·
So it's the same bulbs for taillights & brake lights? If so then it's wiring. If not (stupid question) are the bulbs burnt out?

About the squealing...some pads have a pad-wear indicator that's just a little metal clip that makes contact with the rotor when the pads get about halfway worn, and makes a squaling noise to let you know you only have x,xxx miles left on the pads. Not sure about Supra pads, but it's worth a look. If they do have those, just bend it back or break it off.

Also, the pads will sometimes wear in a funny shape that causes it to make noise when it's pressed into the rotor. When I install brake pads, I always bevel the front and rear edge of the pad at an angle, and usually they don't squeal. I think it has something to do with the way the pads shift when the brakes are applied.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts