Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My targe squeaks when the car's chassis flexes. I've taken the targe apart and tightened every bolt on it and this hasn't helped. It almost seems like the squeaking is coming from the front screw areas. The weather is really cold right now, perhaps it will go away when things warm up? Alternatively, I was thinking about applying a thin layer of hinge grease to areas of the targe that touch metal to metal. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

F

·
0 Posts
I'm experiencing the same thing right now..... for some reason it worsened in the last month or so.

C'mon peeps, share the knowledge.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last night I put a thin layer of hinge grease in the screw holes and any other areas that had metal touching metal. I also put a thin layer on the top of those two spring-loaded plastic things that stick up off of the front support (what are these things for anyway?). The good news: NO MORE IRRITATING NOISES! (and the air temp was 32 degrees this morning during my commute).

If the noises return, I have one more idea. I think maybe those spring-loaded plastic jobs could have been rubbing against the bare metal on the front of the targa when the chassis flexes in cold weather. What I'm going to do is put a thin strip of black foam rubber at the place where these two areas meet. This will eliminate it FOREVER! AHaHaHaHa!

N

·
0 Posts
Get a Do-Luck floor brace, it will reduce body flex with targa off and rids squeeky noises with top on.

I believe SP Engineering sells them or you could try pmimporting.com

take care,
nils

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Had the same problem few weeks ago. Bought some Silicon spray at PepBoys, applied it to both the targa gaskets and the mating areas on the boddy and squeaks are history.
It's so thin that I'm sure it can be applied without removing the targa and it will penetrate to all the right places...

Magic!

Jay :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts