Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this problem for a long time, I took it to two different places and each told me that the rotors are glazed. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else have the noise? I only have 40k miles.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
MaxPrime said:
I have had this problem for a long time, I took it to two different places and each told me that the rotors are glazed. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else have the noise? I only have 40k miles.
Squealing is never from rotor glazing it always is from vibration.

Use a new set of shims, they will prevent any vibration, if that does not work, try some silicon brake quit from CRC it works great.

I went to a Ray Bestos brake clinic where they told us these facts.

They basicly told us that a brake pad rubbing on a rotor will NEVER produce a squeal...

The squeal takes place from the back of the pad vibrating on the caliper.....interesting huh...

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
squeal

I had my car back from Toyota for a couple days, new rotors, pads, calipers, lines, the whole 9 yards.

I squeal like a mofo, but only if your braking on a slow roll.

Its freakin annoying and even embarrassing at times.

"SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAL" as you stop at a light, ppl stare.

:-\

Is this something the dealer should correct?

·
I need a 6 speed
324 Posts
Brake squealing

They sell a copper paste that you apply to the back of brake the pad so that it kills the vibrations between the caliper an the pad. I have used it on several cars and it seems to elminate brake squealing pretty well.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
First off the dealer should correct the problem...

Second if you have new shims and it still squeals try CRC Brake Quiet. Its a high temp red silicon you put on the back of the pads where they touch the caliper and eliminates all squealing...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same problem on my Bimmer . . . $3.00 fixed it and have never had a problem since. You can get a can/tube/paste of brake quiet at just about any auto parts store. Toyota should have some also. But if a mechanic said it was due to glazing smack him in the face and call him a con. Its vibration, unless its your brake wear clips rubbing on the caliper then you need new pads but if they're new its due to vibration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts