Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what can i do to get rid of this annoying squeek it happens every time i press and depress the clutch

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
clutch pedal or clutch itself? 5spd?

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
ah... yeah the 5spd makes a horrible squeaking noise that you can get rid of with WD40 as stated or silicone spray (lasts longer than the WD fix)..

If it's the pedal though any of those lubricants or perhaps even a little bit of MP grease will help. Don't put too much or you'll risk getting it on the hem of your spiffy slacks right before a meeting or a hot date lol. I haven't had any issues (thankfully) with my 6spd since I just put it in a couple of thousand miles ago.

Good luck!

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
281 Posts
I had that before. There is the adjustment rod on the back of the clutch pedal was the culprit. I just put a light coat of white grease on it to lubricate. Problem solved.

·
breakin necks
156 Posts
mine 6sp does the same thing, makes u look all stupid when theres some people in the car next to you checking out your car and then the light turns green.... SQUEEK

like right under the drivers side, havent been under to check it out much yet

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nameless said:
mine 6sp does the same thing, makes u look all stupid when theres some people in the car next to you checking out your car and then the light turns green.... SQUEEK

like right under the drivers side, havent been under to check it out much yet
basicly that sums up my whole problem lol i havent had time to look at it either

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nameless said:
any updates? fix the squiz-eek?
ive been busy recently maybe if its nice out this weekend ill get around to it but if its to nice out ill be at the beach :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts