Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Those Neon's are quick! I'm still anxious to run one though. I know I could do pretty well against one with the mods I have right now. Good race though. WRX's aren't too shabby.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Early summer I went down to MIR here in Maryland and remember seeing 2 neons down there with very little mods done. One was running 13.1's all night and another was running 13.6s. Those things are very quick out the box. The real question is, How long are those head gaskets going to hold up?

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
fucking sti got smoked... I got faith in those srt4.

i hope that wasn't rain I saw on your windshield.
vnt

G

·
Nice video, just a couple things that don't make sense though:
first, there's no 2003 STi, it's a 2004. And as far as his mods, I don't understand the "Single plate clutch and flywheel" and why he would have a short throw shifter, seeing as how the STi has a very short throw from the factory. I have never heard of the JIC exhaust either (I am not the god of subaru mods, just never heard of it).

I have a stock STi that I just got a week ago, so I haven't had a chance to race anything yet, but it probably would be pretty close with a SRT from a roll and hopefully I do get the chance soon.

·
Resident Mopar Maniac
173 Posts
Slow4Now said:
Early summer I went down to MIR here in Maryland and remember seeing 2 neons down there with very little mods done. One was running 13.1's all night and another was running 13.6s. Those things are very quick out the box. The real question is, How long are those head gaskets going to hold up?
Don't hold your breath for them to blow. Dodge knows how to make turbo 4 cars. SCC took one apart and said the whole motor was built like a freakin' tank.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No, they said the block(internals) were built like a tank. The 2.4 has been known to have head gasket issues in natural aspirated form and that is why he made that comment.

G

·
That does look an '04 sti judging by the gauge cluster and the shape of the hood scoop. I don't understand why they would add the whole 'single plate clutch and flywheel' though. The STi comes from the factory with an exedy clutch. Also, is it me or did it sound like he was shifting way too fast? Like before 6,000 rpm in every gear....

G

·
Yes, on closer inspection (with the volume up), he definetly is shifting way before redline. The STi is geared very close, but with so little sound deadening, the engine is roaring before 7k. Was this is in CT, because I think I know blades, the producer, from a local forum.

G

·
This was in Fort Myers Florida.. I go to school down here.. If it was in CT you can bet your ass there'd be a 2003Cobra_vs_SRT-4 and 2003Cobra_Vs_STi :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts