Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what ever happend to the companys that where making headers, computers, and blowers for these cars... I remember they hit the market talking a lot of stuff but i havent seen anything else about them...

From a money stand point a new Charger SRT-8 Is about $38K... vs 57K for a new CTS-V which i like... was thinking a charger with a blower or some motor work would be a bad ass company ride.

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
From what my friend was telling me, no one has yet been able to crack the computers on those things. This was also a issue with the LS1 motors. It will only be a matter of time until they break into the computers and you can tune it yourself. They are limited on what they can do to them since there is no good tuning availible yet. The motor is awesome though. Great flowing heads 300+ and 200+ CFM on the intake and exhaust, can be stroked to a 42x+ cams are availible and just enough room under the hood to add aftermarket goodies.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
There are quite a few parts out now, and more are coming. GS Motorsports offers a Novi 2000 kit, and Paxton will soon release their own version of the kit. Vortech is also stepping up, as is ProCharger.

There are short and long tube headers available, nitrous kits, full exhausts, higher stall converters, ring and pinion sets, HD axles, camshaft upgrades, a couple of head porting companies doing heads, etc., etc.

You can find all the goodies anywhere, really. LXForums.com is the best place to start...

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
There are quite a few parts out now, and more are coming. GS Motorsports offers a Novi 2000 kit, and Paxton will soon release their own version of the kit. Vortech is also stepping up, as is ProCharger.

There are short and long tube headers available, nitrous kits, full exhausts, higher stall converters, ring and pinion sets, HD axles, camshaft upgrades, a couple of head porting companies doing heads, etc., etc.

You can find all the goodies anywhere, really. LXForums.com is the best place to start...
Dan, are you still looking into getting the SRT8, or are you waiting for the G8?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The SRT-8 seems like a really nice car, but i am just curious if its weight is going to hold it back. I expected this to be a cheap e55, but its no where near an e55 in performance.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
apples to oranges.. E55 has a blower. the new ones have bigger motor and 7 speed trans, And you could buy 2 chargers for less money than 1 E63.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Kerr - I was making a comparison between a used E55 and a used SRT-8

Somehow I figured (in my head) that because of the Chrysler/Benz relationship, that they were producing the same concept in a cheaper dollar value by using Chrysler Tech/Componenets, etc. I have heard that the 300C is on the same chasis as the E-Class. If you want to compare it that way then the 300C has a 6.1L motor where the E55 only has a 5.5L.

If I am correct and there was that intention to create a performance sedan, than the E55 is a huge success, and the SRT-8 falls short of target. I could be wrong and have read way too much into the whole thing.

Still a good looking car, with nice wheels, nice seats, etc. I am sure a nitrous kit would be a nice addition. I remember looking into them but wasn't impressed with the performance, but I definetly agree with you.

If the G8 is to become a reality, I would consider that as a good option, IMO.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Dan, are you still looking into getting the SRT8, or are you waiting for the G8?
I keep changing my mind, dude. :dunno:

I have also been thinking about picking up a clean GS400 and building a mild 4.7L for it.

I don't know what I'm getting. My eyes have been on a new 4-door Tundra lately. :faint:

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
I keep changing my mind, dude. :dunno:

I have also been thinking about picking up a clean GS400 and building a mild 4.7L for it.

I don't know what I'm getting. My eyes have been on a new 4-door Tundra lately. :faint:
Dude, I'm having the same ideas about a GS400. I think within the next 6 months I will be looking at one for a daily driver. I drive about 100-110 miles a day and I need something luxurious...and fast. A nice 4.7L or supercharged GS4 will do that for me. :)

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Yeah, it's hard to beat the GS400 for the money. Looks, comfort, handling, reliability, etc.

I keep thinking about the $40K laid down for an SRT-8. I could build a sweet GS400 for a lot less, and still have a car that does what I am looking for.

Time to swamp Cowboybebop with PMs about building a 4.0L/4.7L hybrid. :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Kerr - I was making a comparison between a used E55 and a used SRT-8

Somehow I figured (in my head) that because of the Chrysler/Benz relationship, that they were producing the same concept in a cheaper dollar value by using Chrysler Tech/Componenets, etc. I have heard that the 300C is on the same chasis as the E-Class. If you want to compare it that way then the 300C has a 6.1L motor where the E55 only has a 5.5L.

If I am correct and there was that intention to create a performance sedan, than the E55 is a huge success, and the SRT-8 falls short of target. I could be wrong and have read way too much into the whole thing.

Still a good looking car, with nice wheels, nice seats, etc. I am sure a nitrous kit would be a nice addition. I remember looking into them but wasn't impressed with the performance, but I definetly agree with you.
The 300C SRT8 has a Mercedes designed 5 spd auto and is roughly around $32K less than an E55, weighs about 10lbs more and it has has a top speed of 173 mph compared to the E55s governed 155 mph top speed. The E55 accelerates quicker in all areas by a few tenths over the 300C SRT8, the E55s 516 lb-ft @ 2650–4500 rpm helps it along the way. The 300C SRT8 pulls more lateral g and slalom speed than the E55 (as well as the CTS-V and STS-V). The braking is pretty good in the E55 and 300C SRT8, with the performance between the two being very close.

·
Ready. Set. Gone.
4,832 Posts
Yeah, it's hard to beat the GS400 for the money. Looks, comfort, handling, reliability, etc.

I keep thinking about the $40K laid down for an SRT-8. I could build a sweet GS400 for a lot less, and still have a car that does what I am looking for.

Time to swamp Cowboybebop with PMs about building a 4.0L/4.7L hybrid. :D
I'm thinking about a GS400 for a company car. Looks like it would perfectly fit the bill.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts