Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My mechanic just called me back, said Goodridge SS brake lines (supplied by Powerhouse) dont fit the stock metal lines. He said they are "bubble flare" on one side and "double flare" fittings on the other. Jarrett said stock lines need modified (lip needs grinded off). My mech said no way that is doable, as there will be 3/16" gap and fluid will leak out. Shouldn't these be bolt-on?

Thanks

PS Jarrett also said TRD lines need modified as well? what gives...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hope they do bolt up, my car is going in for a brake upgrade tommorow (including stainless steel lines). I will let you know what the mechanics come up with - maybe you either have a bad kit or there is something bizarre that needs doing.

I'll let you know

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
demon said:
I hope they do bolt up, my car is going in for a brake upgrade tommorow (including stainless steel lines). I will let you know what the mechanics come up with - maybe you either have a bad kit or there is something bizarre that needs doing.

I'll let you know
Thanks dude! Good luck, drop me a line at [email protected]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just installed these lines, I had to grind the brake line fitting on the car just a little bit to get it to fix correctly in the new line. No leaks no problems, works just fine.

·
STREET STOMPING JEDI
1,039 Posts
Same here, all youahve to do is dremel the lip a little onteh brake fitting and they go on fine, no leaks, no issues.

It is very doable tell your mechanis adn he does nto ahve to grind very much off jsut a hair from around the lip of the flare so they fit on, thats all

Ben....

·
3,148 Posts
Yeah what they said. :)

Later, Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts