Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've seen a picture of one of those turbos cracked. The compressor housing cracked and fell off. I'm not sure but I'd be willing to bet that the intercooler doesn't flow very well. The manifolds have been known to crack and as far as everything else goes, I don't see how they could screw that stuff up but I'm sure it has problems. Just remember, you get what you pay for and if you get a whole turbo kit for what a good intercooler can cost, I wouldn't waste the money. This is just my opinion and someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
-Andy

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
If you buy that, I will laugh at you.

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
I think it's POOP!

Yeah, that turbo split in half and it was a glue type apoxy that heald the halves together...

It looks cheap as shit... Not only that, but they dont even show it ona 7M motor...

"Modeled after the Great spooling Borg Warner" uh huh...

1.05? LAG MONSTER!

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
a poop turbo kit, now thatz a marketing idea!

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
1,062 Posts
Any company that puts together a turbo kit with a fucking 1.05 A/R turbo for a 3.0 6 cylinder makes me have serious doubt in the quality or intelligence of anything they sell

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,147 Posts
Marc_h has one of the turbos acutally it looks pretty good tiny compressor housing though... I was suprised for the price...

But the ehxaust hosuing is crazy big...

for 800 bucks.. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
To put its size into perspective, here is my turbo next to that Super T4 ssautochrome turbo:

Notice how enormous the exhaust housing on the xspower turbo is. And no I did not buy the super t4, someone else did.

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,708 Posts
Fried Rice said:
Any company that puts together a turbo kit with a fucking 1.05 A/R turbo for a 3.0 6 cylinder makes me have serious doubt in the quality or intelligence of anything they sell
Also makes me wonder about a guy selling MK3 parts on Ebay that won’t answer questions.

Dan

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Anyways, minus the turbo, that turbo kit is fine. So buy it and sell off the turbo for $300 or less and then buy a real to4 to replace it.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
Look at the top, first it says "7MGTE SUPRA TOTAL TURBO KIT AND INTERCOOLER 7MGTE MKIII" then it says "Brand New 7MGTE SUPRA TURBO KIT 2JZGTE MKIV" then at the bottom it says "FITS
Toyota Supra 1993-98 2JZ-GTE MKIV" I think he's just putting 7MGTE for when ppl search for 7M stuff that they'll come to his crappy e-bay listing. Personally, I wouldn't do it. But then again, I wouldn't buy a lot of stuff like that off of e-bay... just a little too shady for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts