Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a black mk3 and looking to put new rims on it.

I found a set of SSR gt-2 rims in white. (need to be something other than white imho.)

Specs: 18x8.5 35+ offset

Opinions? Too rice? Do-able if in black or gunmetal?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I think they are nice, Its your choice man.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
rice would be 18x7 at like a +50 offset LOL...

Those are nice +1 they get my vote... althought i would prefer atleast 9" fo the rear those are still good.

·
Registered
656 Posts
18x8.5 might be to narrow for the rear, if they were staggered 8.5 front and 9.5 rear, those would be great, as for the color, I could live with white

·
Registered
998 Posts
wow..i like them!! heres what you shld do. Put them on as they are(white) if you dont like them white, redo them with duplicolor spray paint that comes in gunmetal or black. Its really simple to do, just sand the rims down, and tape down newpaper that covers the wheels so to avoid overspray. ITs works great and then you have opitons and you can see for yourself what it looks like...only down side is that you wont beable to redo in white which i personally thinks will looks sweet.

I have done this to my tacoma rims and this is how it turned out

before

after

·
Super Moderator
10,905 Posts
18x8.5 all around is all wrong for a Supra.

Nice wheels, wrong fitment. Keep on looking :)

·
Registered
998 Posts
would be a lil skinny in the back..and wats wrong with the filament??

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
I like the rims, I like the idea of white rims on a black mk3... Like said befor.. Not wide enough

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
for a stock or nearly stock car they are more than fine. if you are upgrading over stock they are great. if they are a good price, jump on them.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
They are nice looking, but will be sunk-in at the rear. They won't look good when they have been mounted.

would be a lil skinny in the back..and wats wrong with the filament??
You're the college kid, right? Filament relates to bulbs, not wheels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts