Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has these on their car or has a pic... or can even photoshop them on a black MK3. i just bought a set of these off a friend and am excited about putting them on my car... but i stll need to build a motor and do a 5sp swap, so i dont think im going to be able to enjoy them anytime soon. i just cant wait to see how these babies are gonna look on my car... its a Black 89, Turbo A-style ;) they are just 17x8 and 17x9, but better than sawblades and better than TT rims and they are ~18lbs per wheel! Forged wheels are Teh win!

can you tell im excited? :bigthumb:

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
Those are almost identical to the konig villans, which have been discontinued. I believe Jonez has them or used to.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i have konig villains and they look pretty similar to what you have there, so here is an idea of what they will look like on a black 89+

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
91supraT said:
i have konig villains and they look pretty similar to what you have there, so here is an idea of what they will look like on a black 89+

Very nice car! Reminds me of mine, but yours have much nicer paint! Ive seen people take the konig writing off the wheels, and they look even better. Also i see you say your is a 91, but whats up with the grey moldings? :dunno:

·
Registered
520 Posts
njsupramk3t said:
Very nice car! Reminds me of mine, but yours have much nicer paint! Ive seen people take the konig writing off the wheels, and they look even better. Also i see you say your is a 91, but whats up with the grey moldings? :dunno:

yea im not sure about that, ive wondered that myself. the title says 91, and when i got it the guy said everything was stock and it had the 5 spoke rims, but the manual says 90, and the production date was in 90 also(that doesnt really mean much tho), so i dont know your guess is as good as mine :dunno: funny though your the first person that has ever noticed that.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh snap. those look quite nice on the black mk3... i need to do an altitude adjustment on my car too. i have a feeling the wheel gap is going to be slightly excessive.

how heavy are those konig gimmicks? are they 18's or 17's?

·
Registered
520 Posts
flubyux2 said:
Oh snap. those look quite nice on the black mk3... i need to do an altitude adjustment on my car too. i have a feeling the wheel gap is going to be slightly excessive.

how heavy are those konig gimmicks? are they 18's or 17's?

they are 17's and i am not sure what they weigh.

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
91supraT said:
they are 17's and i am not sure what they weigh.
plus they have been discontinued for a few years

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
eh, i like lip and all... but for $650 WITH tires... i cant argue. ill gladly give up lip to get the ish half off their going rate.

they are a nice design. a big open 5-spoke design is teh win. maybe later on down the road, i can trade up to some 18's w/ more lip on them, and width.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts