Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok

Here are the before and after pictures with the ST springs installed.

I am pleased with the drop. Please keep in mind that I was not looking to go extreme, as I drive my car every day and comfort was just as important (if not more so) to me as looks.

I could not feel any noticeable difference in either the handling characteristics or the ride quality between these and the original 18-year-old stockers (TEMS) that have about 57K. They both ride damn nice.

The after pictures could look better but it has been cold and I didn't feel like washing the car first. It was also overcast.

I think for 140.00 shipped for all 4 you can’t beat the ST springs if you want to get a bit lower.

This might give some you folks a better idea on what to expect if you decide to go this route.

Once again, thanks to Dr.Jonez for the install. I asked him if he wanted to look at the info that came with them and he just laughed, said no, and put them in exactly as the install instructions stated.

Before

After

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
Not bad at all. Now all you need are the brackets which shouldn't take very long and you'll have the shade on the back too.

Kevin

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cute Kevin! I'm patient!

Where the F#$K are my G&D D*@N brackets?

Kidding man.

Thanks

I do think the sunshade will set the whole thing off nicely.

Dan

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah,

Adam said to give them a few weeks before getting my car realigned.

I would be good with a tad lower.

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
myMUSICveins said:
Much better!

edit: BTW, I'm very jealous, I don't have a local Dr.J
Thanks Anders,

Doubled edged sword.

I will be the first to say that with the utter lack of Supras in Michigan, I got extremely lucky.

My wife however, when she looks at the money I've spent on (her words) "a perfectly good car" doesn't always agree.

Just so you know, I pay Adam a fair price for labor, but the comfort level that I have, by having him do the work is priceless.

That and we sit around and talk Supra stuff while I'm there.

I think we all know how it goes after awhile, when talking to friends that don't understand how you can be so into a 12-18 year old Japanese car that they have never even seen (or don't remember). They tend to get bored of hearing about what you're doing.

Living in the Motor City doesn't help.

New turbo is next, 12 second 1/4 miles, then I will be satisfied performance wise.

Dan

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
90Legend said:
New turbo is next, 12 second 1/4 miles, then I will be satisfied performance wise.

Dan

SO you say.... :)

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Has anyone slightly cut the ST springs to make them sit lower? Afterall they are linear so it won't make them bouncey...I love the price of them and that they are linear but the drop is not enough for me.

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One side (F or R) is linear, one side is progressive.

I don't remember which is which though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Big props to Doc J... He replaced my R154... and I got to be involved in the whole process. That alone is worth more than what the shop would charge me. When it comes to MKIII he be da sh!t..

I should cruise thru St. Clair one of these days and meet up with you... like you said, seeing a Supra in MI is a rare event. (I'm one of those guys that leaves a sticky note on any Supra I see... I've had MKIIIs follow me for miles just to shoot the shit. Finding a supra brother out this way is golden, let alone one who installs performance mods.) :D

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NeSSuS-GTE said:
Big props to Doc J... He replaced my R154... and I got to be involved in the whole process. That alone is worth more than what the shop would charge me. When it comes to MKIII he be da sh!t..

I should cruise thru St. Clair one of these days and meet up with you... like you said, seeing a Supra in MI is a rare event. (I'm one of those guys that leaves a sticky note on any Supra I see... I've had MKIIIs follow me for miles just to shoot the shit. Finding a supra brother out this way is golden, let alone one who installs performance mods.) :D
I'm down with that for sure.

You put shit on my car though, there could be hell to pay.

First time I was at Milan going through tech, the dude went to put that white shit on for the number and I had no clue. I said "what the hell are you doing", he said "it washes off and you have to have it to race"

Hit up the Xceed meet on Sat. at Stoney.

PM me if you need the info.

Dan

·
Registered
256 Posts
Man.. I'll be in Detroit at a concert on the 7th... :sadwavey:
So close but so far..

I have yet to make a MI meet.. usually because something catastrophic has happened to my car. The next meet that gets scheduled, Xceed or otherwise.. I'm writing it in stone on my calendar. No more excuses.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
looks great dan!
on the flip side, i think im gonna be the only guy left at the meet w/ a baja supra. way to sell out! ;)

90Legend said:
One side (F or R) is linear, one side is progressive.

I don't remember which is which though.
you sure bout this? all the info i have states linear spring rates for both front and rear.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I fell off the wagon, i ordered a set of springs too, the free shipping and cost put me over the barrel. So i iwll be installing them with the rest of my brake upgrades. Just have to order the braided line kit now and then the car goes up on blocks for brake work and springs. I have all the seals to overhaul the calipers and i also have new parking brake pads.
William 89T

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dbsupra said:
looks great dan!
on the flip side, i think im gonna be the only guy left at the meet w/ a baja supra. way to sell out! ;)

you sure bout this? all the info i have states linear spring rates for both front and rear.

I based the statement on the info from S/T that came with the springs.

Notice how the gap between coils in the front is about the same. That is linear.

The gap between the coils in the rear gets progressively larger (or smaller depending on which way you look at it) according to the info that is progressive.

Front

Rear

1 - 20 of 31 Posts