Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oke,

im uk_ im from holland and i just bought a supra.

maybe i'm asking for something allready done... but i couldnt find it so here we go.

i bought an '88 MK3 supra 3.0i turbo (7M-GTE)

now my intension is to slowly but certainly tune up the car.

in the end its supposed to have a bigger turbo (witch i asume results in a exhaust a bigger intercooler)

but supposebly ill need a fuel pump i heard al lot about head gaskets need injectors in the end prolly even pistons and so on

so now to finnaly go to my question...

i would like a proper totorial of exchanging stock material to aftermarket produkts wich works part by part but keeps in mind the next steps... so when i buy an exhaust it isnt optimal at the moment but better... but when the new turbo arrives í'll see what i bought it for :)

so i guess in my opinion i should start with things like exhaust, head gasket, blow-off valve, intercooler... and all with keeping in mind like an endpoint of say 400hp or a number near that that obtaineble...

i know most information is here... but as a new supra owner im beeing thrown in and cant handle all the usefull but complicated information... so such a totorial will make me able to find out the facts good and more importantly in the right order.

i'd hate to buy a 3" exhaust and later find out i should have bought a 3,5"... or bought a sports clutch-plate's later need a complete clutch cover to handle the later horsepowers...

G

·
Not to be an ass but im going to tell you what half of the people on the forum will say. Wish i could help you out totaly but im were your at. and search is my friend so here ya go.

But you really cant do some of this and not do the others i have heard like 550cc injectors with out the lexus AFM etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i understand if its hard to create such a totutial w/o endgoal... but i guess if there is a complete story wich complies to all endgoals it would make al lot of peaple happy

my endgoal is to obtain a cool and reliable amount of horsepower without major blockchanges like pistons and so... (400 should be possible more is cooler thoug :) ;))

and its also nice to know how much horsepower the stock gearbox and clutch can handle or even the lsd...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mndriver

a friend of mine has a nissan 200SX

he did what im asking for though

bought blow off then exaust then intercooler then air filter + chip + fuel pump, (maybe some other things too) then a clutch cover and now turbo + stage2 chip.

so that kinda what i wanna do.... is just wanna know wich parts i need to buy to not having to buy them twice

·
Registered
432 Posts
go to suprastore.com and look up the Mk3's they have staging packages for you there as for the tutorials they are all seperated like write up's for head gasket replacement and such. Everything else is pretty easy once you take the time and look at it. Also a lot of your questions are answered at http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/index.html This guy has a complete manual of our cars online so you can check it wherever you are. My advise is learn about the parts and what they do and require then start buying.

G

·
Yp

First I would check to make sure the car is running in perfect running condition before starting your upgrade process! Then do the neccessary things that the MKIII's are notrious for. Better head gasket, better exhaust gasket with heli-coil's for every stud, etc. Once you get these things done I would then start to upgrade my motor. Because as you upgrade the motor these things will go making your life a living hell.

After that I would start with the turbo first, buy a SAFC2, boost controller and turbo timer. It's all about the fuel and air flow for power. Then I would move onto the air components of the car. The exhaust 3' inch from the turbo back, intake, hi-flow turbo elbow, intercooler piping etc. Then after that is done I would move into the fuel side of things. Bigger injector's, Lexus AFM, fuel pump etc. Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
well if you get a turbo first then you would not be able to make much boost. for around 400 horse power you would need-
lex afm - 550 injectors - Walbro 255 fuel pump - Intake - Some type of turbo - Dp sold with turbo or custom made DP to fit turbo - 3" full exhaust - SAFC - AFPR - FMIC - IC Hardpipes - Gauges - HG - BOV - Dyno Tuning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts