Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i changed the oil in my supie and now the car stall everytime the throttle is pushed. i had to remove the battery to reach the oil filter and get leverage on it. could resetting the ecu (when the battery was removed) caused this?
 

·
rockin the two tone
Joined
·
191 Posts
Unhooking the battery will reset the ecu. Let it idle for a while and then drive and see if it solves the problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
james said:
Unhooking the battery will reset the ecu. Let it idle for a while and then drive and see if it solves the problem.
thats the thing while the battery was out while i changed the oil the ecu was reset and the problem began.

i tried driving the car today and now it wont even idle. it will start then die right away. i have to hold the gas pedal about 1/2 way to the floor to keep the thing alive and even then the rpm is jumpy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
addicted 2 b00st said:
i changed the oil in my supie and now the car stall everytime the throttle is pushed. i had to remove the battery to reach the oil filter and get leverage on it. could resetting the ecu (when the battery was removed) caused this?
Could be a vacum leak. Check your manifold. Next time change the oil from underneath the car like the rest of us. (-:

Mitch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next time change the oil from underneath the car like the rest of us. (-:
i couldnt reach the filter and get leverage on it from underneath because my arms were twisted through the suspension. it was much easier to remove the battery. i cant find any loose hoses in the area that i was working in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i searched through the forum and found a quote in a current thread that i think may help me. heres the quote:

On cold start the engine runs off a map, also at idle. Once you go past these points, the engine runs in closed loop control, meaning the ECU reads the O2 sensor output and modifies injector signal accordingly.
so on a cold start the car starts up fine and idles smoothly. after the temps get up or once the throttle is pushed the motor will die. does this mean that i could have a maf/o2 sensor/ecu issue?
 

·
TH400 Club
Joined
·
809 Posts
addicted 2 b00st said:
i searched through the forum and found a quote in a current thread that i think may help me. heres the quote:



so on a cold start the car starts up fine and idles smoothly. after the temps get up or once the throttle is pushed the motor will die. does this mean that i could have a maf/o2 sensor/ecu issue?
Swap ecu's with someone.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top