Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 1997 TT 6spd.

I only drive it on the weekends, and yesterday I was taking it around for a spin. I got off a highway onramp and took a no-stop right hand turn. I was going say 20 and i put it in 2nd and punched the gas. I took it up to 5000-6000 RPM and shifted into 3rd to cruise down the surface street.

Anyway, once I shifted into 3rd it felt like the traction control came on, but there were no indication lights on the dash. I slowed to a stoplight and the car immediatly stalled. It started back up OK, but any time I gave it gas and let off the gas suddenly (rather than gradually) it would stall.

I could hear a strange noise like air blowing under the hood which was evident at about 4000 RPM and the engine was lacking power throughout the RPM range. I thought it could be a pressure tank issue with the 2nd turbo not engaging. While driving, there was no smoke of any kind being produced and everything looked OK.

I limped home and put it away until this afternoon. Well to make the solution story short, I found out that the intake hose that connects on the right side of the engine where the 'TRACTION CONTROL' badge is had become 1/2 disconnected on the side that was connected to the black plastic pipe. Once I reattached it and secured the hose clamps all was well.

I'm posting this in case someone else has simlilar issues with lack of power and stalling, as I searched the forum yesterday and this morning and couldn't find anything.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That's definitely nice of you to post your problem and solution on here, because it always helps someone. However, I sure hope that anytime people have problem like this, they check their hoses first and foremost, cuz it takes just a few minutes. Glad yours was such an easy fix.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gangsta,

Scary bro, I own all three of those cars also, but my 2002 RSX is Red and the 1997 Lexus ES 300 is white.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts