Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having some stalling problems when i drive my supra. Its like I run out of gas it kind of sputers and you give it gas but it just dies on me . Its got aem, 6 speed bpu'd to the max. Well I was driving today about 20 minutes and its 90 degrees out and it dies on my so I pull over and usually it starts right back up but this time it would start and do the same sputter like its not geting gas or to much I dont know. So I let it sit and open the hood and nothing so I uncover the aem box and its hot so I keep it uncovered and bam 5 minutes later it starts and runs fine. Has anyone had this happen to them this sucks so bad not having a search function thanks for any help.

·
No Ego or Arrogance!!!!!!
744 Posts
I have been having some stalling problems when i drive my supra. Its like I run out of gas it kind of sputers and you give it gas but it just dies on me . Its got aem, 6 speed bpu'd to the max. Well I was driving today about 20 minutes and its 90 degrees out and it dies on my so I pull over and usually it starts right back up but this time it would start and do the same sputter like its not geting gas or to much I dont know. So I let it sit and open the hood and nothing so I uncover the aem box and its hot so I keep it uncovered and bam 5 minutes later it starts and runs fine. Has anyone had this happen to them this sucks so bad not having a search function thanks for any help.
I had this problem too when my was bpu,and did it again whe I was apu,and left me stranded in the cold at 1am.Come to find out one of my battery terminals posetive terminal was loose change the terminal never had this problem since,2 month ago.check or clean your pole on the battery.Let us if works,or if you find what it was the problem.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
I've been having this problem lately since I had it worked on last. It will just die when I give a little gas to move it or sometimes while driving :nervous:. Any help?

Joe

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
As stated check your connections. Check ecu plug on AEM (sometimes ecu pins). Does it stall when you apply throttle or when you let off or anytime?

·
3,488 Posts
As stated check your connections. Check ecu plug on AEM (sometimes ecu pins). Does it stall when you apply throttle or when you let off or anytime?
If I blip the throttle and sometimes while driving.

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mike when i go to set on the throttle it dies but it allso dies when im just driving going like anywhere from 20 to 65 mph it just acts like i run out of gas . And i allso just was messing with the battery and it is tight so thats not it thanks anyways franksupra but i dont think its that. Has anyone had troble with the aem box getting hot cause mine was hot , not hot enough to touch but very warm any though as to if that could be it? i wish the search worked. I kind of want to see if i have a chip loose of something cause its happened about 6 time now and this time it was worse than before cause it started backfiring when i was tring to start and then wouldnt start so i hope i can figure this out . THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL THE HELP GUYS.

·
3,488 Posts
mike when i go to set on the throttle it dies but it allso dies when im just driving going like anywhere from 20 to 65 mph it just acts like i run out of gas . And i allso just was messing with the battery and it is tight so thats not it thanks anyways franksupra but i dont think its that. Has anyone had troble with the aem box getting hot cause mine was hot , not hot enough to touch but very warm any though as to if that could be it? i wish the search worked. I kind of want to see if i have a chip loose of something cause its happened about 6 time now and this time it was worse than before cause it started backfiring when i was tring to start and then wouldnt start so i hope i can figure this out . THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL THE HELP GUYS.
I understand what you mean by the "acts like its out of gas" because that's what mine does sometimes. I NEVER had this problem until I had it worked on for the first time post my initial tune and had it retuned under WOT. I'm taking it back to the shop that did the retune to fix it, hopefully. If not, I'll be visiting Titan again, where it was initially tuned.

·
JDM Driver
‘95 Supra 6sp Hardtop
345 Posts
I'm experiencing the same problem, but not as sporadic as yours. Mine would run fine for hours, then once and awhile it would just die like I have no gas. Then it would start in about 5-10 minutes later. I checked all my ecu terminals and pins, plus I have a new battery with new terminals. It ended up that I was not getting any spark when experiencing this trouble. We found this out when my car died and a local tuner had come to my rescue. We had good fuelpressure but no spark and the AEM controls the spark. Then about an hour later the car started back up without us doing anything to it. He states that he has seen this before and has heard multiple stories regarding the AEM that resembled what happened to me. It's due to this problem that I'm changing my whole engine management setup. HKS V-Pro here I come.

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats some good info cierex thanks and LLcoolj94 get back to me when you find out what went wrong thanks guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts