Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read about someone having a stalling problem on their very basic NA-t setup (stock injectors, maf, fuel pump, head gasket). They had an S-AFC but were having stalling problems when changing gears sometimes. The solution someone suggested was getting a HKS s afr.

Has anyone else has this problem? I'm looking into going NA-t, should I get an s afr instead of an S-AFC II?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you're aying I should get the AFR right? That sounds good to me. It's cheaper so I won't be at as much of a loss when I upgrade to the standalone or e-mange system later.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
what if you put the maf and filter on the front of the turbo and the BOV on the IC piping? would you vent the bov from the IC piping into the maf in front of the turbo?

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
how loud is a BOV when vented back to the intake...can you hear it at all?

D

·
0 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
what if you put the maf and filter on the front of the turbo and the BOV on the IC piping? would you vent the bov from the IC piping into the maf in front of the turbo?
i can answer that question also.

You would route it back in after the MAF but before Turbo. The reason is that when running MAF-> Turbo -> BOV if you route before the MAF then you are double reading the same air. THe reason why you running it before the turbo is because then the turbo is rebuilding the psi with that air so it is not wasted and helps to keep you psi built(or from gaining to much vaccum) when shifting or letting off the gas during boost.

Easiest way not to stall with turbo cars is not to vent to the atmosphere, a small turbo has no reason to vent. If you have to question to vent or not to then don't. You will know when you are running a large turbo because it will not be the first turbo plus you will also have been working on the same car for years and have a list of support mods

1 - 7 of 7 Posts