Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm disregarding the sound of one of my valves that is on its way out, and damn near keeping up with a firebird of some sort. Anyway, I get done wrapping it up a bunch, and now whenever I engage my clutch the car stalls. In other words, whenever I push in the pedal, regardless of if its in gear or not, the car stalls. Any ideas?

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in addition, I get a grinding sound out of what sounds like the bellhousing.

·
FasterThanASpeedingCivic
671 Posts
same problem :(

I have the same problem too, But no noise of any kind. If the AFM is bad wouldn't that cause a code to be sprung? The only code I have now is 22 -water temp sensor...what ever that is. Is there a way of adjusting the idle? Would that help? What about the Dashpot? How would that effect the rpm drop? ahhh I have so much to learn.....

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
im thinking that some way or another the clutch is hooked to a vacuum port.....

Im not looking at my car right now, but does the vacuum line that runs off of the top of the intake manifold go to the brakes or the clutch?

In addition, I was contemplating the idea that maybe my turbo is starting to seize. And here is why I think it may be stalling:

Because less force is required to turn the crank when the clutch is disengaged, a vacuum controlled relay turns the idle down a wee bit. Maybe my car is right on the border - or maybe my AFM just ate a gob of oil from my K&N. FUCK!

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
or, maybe my throwout bearing is completely seized.

I had to bump this thread, anybody have any ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts