Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking into electronics for the supra needed to tune it. Where can I find info on Stand-alone computer systems for the supra?

Thanks,

CJ

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
FAST (Speed-Pro): Sound Performance
Accel/DFI: Performance Factory NYC

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Phil, what do you think the advantages are of a stand alone over the stock ECU? I will probably never get one, just wondering what advantage they have over piggy backs (aside from rev limiter ajustment). Seems as if the stock ECU does timing advance just fine, at least for those of us running pump gas boost.

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
Standalone's biggest benefits are:
1) You have much more control over every parameter in the computer. Cold temp fuel map adjustment, closed loop throttle percentage, etc. Even the standard fuel map and timing maps have many times the adjustability of an SFC/AFC/GCC and/or ITC.
2) Adjustments to the map in a standalone ecu are very stable. There's none of this "I'm resetting the ecu because I'm switching from pump gas to race gas". For example, the fuel map is set in milliseconds of pulsewidth on the injectors (not a "click" or a percentage point relative to the oem fuel map that is constantly changing due to closed-loop). This means that performance is very consistent and repeatable.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well they're are so many to choose from how do we know which one fits are needs... I mean some people are sending in their ECUs to UPRD or GForce (maybe same thing just dif price) and call it a day. I believe the GForce only removes the need of the BCC/FCD but I haven't had it done I dunno it makes the map 10x better.

So if I get a GForce Upgrade what's the point of a standalone in my situation and which do I need or wold want..? if ne1 can even answer that question. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts