Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What standalone is compatible with the 2jz-gte VVTI? I purchashed an AEM to only find out that i'm unable to use it with VVTI.

What are the other options out there?

·
Damn my stomach is sick!
711 Posts
Yeah MOTEC M800 is the way to go if you have the VVTI head.
I've still not isntalled since the parts arrived just yesterday but we're working on it.
Plus you have to make a custom intake cam as no one sells enough big intake cam for the VVTI head.
We have designed a cam and a nic ecompany near here is building it in stainless steel (lighter and stronger). And we're lucky as in Italy to custom build a cam from blank it takes no mre then 25/30 days MAX! When I asked to CRANE cams they told me NOT LESS THEN 4/6 MONTHS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post pics soon
:)

fabio

·
Registered
417 Posts
if you can find a good enough mechanic/auto electrician, they should be able to hook up an apexi power fc (as is, not compatible with VVTi) and have the standard ecu control the VVTi.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
mikal said:
What standalone is compatible with the 2jz-gte VVTI? I purchashed an AEM to only find out that i'm unable to use it with VVTI.

What are the other options out there?
According to these threads, Larry from Soud Performance has gotten the AEM to work with the VVT-i 2JZ:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209887&highlight=vvti
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201536&highlight=vvti
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201172&highlight=vvti

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I have a MOTEC M600 on mine....does vvt-i control...

the M800 is completely OVERKILL

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
TsopranoIS300 said:
I have a MOTEC M600 on mine....does vvt-i control...

the M800 is completely OVERKILL

overkill?

the M800 is the same m600

the ONLY difference are

1Mb datalogging instead of 512k AND two additional injector outputs. The telemetry feature and the servo control not withstanding everything else including ignition outputs is the SAME.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sound Performance said:
The AEM does not have to be run in a piggyback way. It can control everything except for drive by wire. Does a 2Jgte vvti have DBW in the supra?
Originally yes, and it does not have an ISC valve, because idle is controlled using DBW as well.
I guess the easiest solution is to use the whole intake manifold from USDM Supra.

Larry, could you elaborate on how to set up AEM with VVTi's stock sensors? Or do you use a different set of sensors for pickup?

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Fii said:
Originally yes, and it does not have an ISC valve, because idle is controlled using DBW as well.
I guess the easiest solution is to use the whole intake manifold from USDM Supra.

Larry, could you elaborate on how to set up AEM with VVTi's stock sensors? Or do you use a different set of sensors for pickup?

Im sure the supra VVTi engine uses the same sensors as the IS and GS 300 VVtis..... 24-2 crank, 3 cam

Any IS300 calabration should get you started!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts