Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, its been like 4 weeks since i've drove my car....I decided to take it for a 10 minute drive and i did, feels great, also, i did NOT see any bluesmoke, or smoke at all during the drive, in which i did go WOT alot.

Before i drove it, i also put on an Autometer Air/Fuel ratio gauge, wired the sensor wire, wired it to ignition so when keys turned on ignition before start, the gauge is on. Guage works normal like how they all will work, not super accurate(wideband soon :sadance: )....Anyways, before i drive off, i put on the lights and noticed a sudden idle drop like its about to cut off but for half or less of a second and then idles back like normal, when i switch off lights, does same thing. Car idles good however. What could cause this? Is it the O2 Sensor bad or going bad? Never changd it since i got my motor.

Another question, well this after driving the car. I wanted to record a clip of my exhaust(Apexi GT Spec), and well i cant find the USB cabel to upload but when watching it, i noticed at max rpm, 7000 or so, it just shoots a puff of white smoke. Only when revved to 7000rpm it just shoots a puff, does'nt blow constant smoke.

ALSO, i noticed when i revved today, it went up to 7800RPM :wtflol: :wtflol: Normally it revs to about 7000-7400rpm and hits a limiter or something lol, after that 7800 i let off the pedal and just stopped from there.

OK so the questions are:
1)Why when i have the car not driving for a few weeks, it does'nt smoke blue on decelaration and after a few days, it might start back puffing some blue smoke on deceleration? Theres an oil leak as well and i washed it before driving, i dunno if any oil is leaking anywhere in exhaust or how the turbos have dried up its gonna leak oil slowly in the turbine side. Im getting that leak fixed next week, just waiting on the mechanic to get space.

2)Whats up with the idle dropping and going back normal when i turn on the lights and turn it off? Could it be the ground i used on the Air/Fuel gauge is weak? I did use the water temp. gauge's ground, dunno if its weakening the ground. I might have to get a new battery as well, OPTIMA and a GROUNDING KIT.

3)What the puff of white smoke on high rpm revs about? Is this normal or what could it be?

4)Last but not least i guess, how does the rpm's rev to 7800 without hitting a limit and before it used to hit limit at 7200-7300? I had the battery FULLY charged, charged it over night with charger.

Im grinning to just have my car back up running tho, no problems, even that rod knock sound near the turbos is not there on start up! :bowdown: :bowdown: Im gonna make an assumption again, that oil leak might cause no oil to go up to turbos or when the oil starts leaking in the rear turbine sides, maybe that causing the knocking noise on startup? Oh wells.

Things to do soon:
Change turbos
Fix muffler system
dunno what else :wtflol:

·
Registered
923 Posts
the light one is simple. you are putting a load on the electrical system, Most cars I have driven tend to drop down a little when you turn the lights on.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think a grounding system kit would help that and a new optima battery, i have one smalll battery at the momeny and im running walbro external fuel pump, twin electric fans, and gauges, music lol

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i uploaded the vid on my comp and was watching it....its not white smoke, its just a puff of black smoke on max rpm revs, i think thats normal, seen lots of cars puff black smoke a little when they rev it up high

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
Grounding wires will help some.

Stock OEM 1JZ redline is 7800ish, but on stock cams power dies at 7k. You'll tend to start floating valves around 8100. When you get past 165ish degrees F it will put the ECU into normal operating mode and get that along with higher shift points (if auto).

A new O2 sensor from toyota of austrailua, even with the exchange rate, is still around $400.

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq5Z3WMTpwU

theres a bit of blue smoke on a small rev, but it does'nt smoke after i rev it up....before when i used to drive the car, it used to smoke ONLY when i drive, that is WOT and when decelerating it smokes, never smokes on idle, or when im on WOT, ONLY decelerating

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the loud wine sound would be the fuel pump, and the sanded down bumper would be removing the old body kit i had....car is staying original now but little fancy stuff(rims, front lip).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts