Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rebuild in 5...4...3...
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The subject says it. The last week and a half i've been taking the interior apart and washing it with murphy's oil soap, then putting neat's foot oil on the leather pieces overnight. Then i washed them again to get the excess oil off, and painted them. I used duplicolor vinyl and fabric on the leather pieces and they came out REALLY well. The plastic pieces got krylon fusion satin black. I have one problem that maybe someone that changed their interior can solve for me; when i painted the door handles i used the krylon fusion because it says it's good for hard vinyl. BUT, the next day the paint was still tacky. Was i supposed to use the vinyl paint on the handles? In the next couple days i'll try to get some pictures up fer you guys. and any suggestions for the handles would be helpful too. thanks guys

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
Sounds cool, I, for one, would like to see the finished pics since I am kicking the idea around of painting my interior black as well.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
the door handles are more plastic than vinyl are they not?

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
I'm undertaking this task as soon as the new seats arrive, Good luck with the rest of your work, and yes spoolme, i think the handles are mostly plastic by the looks of it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
my doorhandles are deff hard plastic, so i would go with that. I noticed if you try and bake the paint with really bright lights it takes the paint longer to dry on some things.

·
Registered
942 Posts
i just used the duplicolor on everything(vinal paint)-dried fast, sticks good, doesnt chip yet.-yes even the handle.

·
Rebuild in 5...4...3...
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i think the handles are hard vinyl and the krylon fusion says it's good for that. in any event, i painted them about two days ago and they are still a little tacky. not much, but a little. the leather pieces on the other hand look fantastic.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Handles are plastic. They seem to have some kind of clear coat on them tho, so I would advise sanding them down with 300ish grit paper. Use a non-metal surface primer to get the paint to stick correctly afterwards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts