Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in light of the clutch going, which isn't thta big of a deal i know, I've decided to take the hit from the previous owner, and just tear the entire car down to bear metal and start over. He said it was in great shape, and at first glance it was. After having a professional look at it, and the supposedly new clutch going in a week, that was enough for me. The car has evidently, with good evidence been in at least one accident, the front and rear bumpers were acually spray can, with clear ontop. among a few other misc mechanical problems. Starting today with the interior, everything in the car is being ripped out, down to nothing but the frame, getting paint then from there ill work in new body panels, and whatnot, redo the entire interior, and since the block is only suppose to have 5K miles on it (again according to previous owner so i have to do a few tests first) I'll be leaving the block alone but the rest of the engine is getting a make over. I'll try to keep you guys updated as much as i can with pictures as i work on the car over the summer. :(

thanks for reading.

-Shannon

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Do a compression test on the engine since you're doing a tear down.

Previous owners usually don't know what they're talking about. The guy I bought the car from said it had a new clutch master cylinder, yes it was new, and it was the wrong one so the rod smashed in half. 2 week downtime because of master cylinder rod backorder ughhh...

He also said my block has 80k, but I'm too scared to do a compression test :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts