Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a couple of days im gonna rip out the starter due to the clicking/not starting problem that everyone talks about. ive read pretty much every post about it and think i can fix it without too much hassles but i want to get the copper contacts before i start in case theyre too far beyond repair.
i called toyota asking if they had them and the guy there told me id have to buy the solenoid housing or some crap and it was gonna be $270 (aus dollars) which seems just a little excesive for 2 small pieces of copper.
i know you can make them yourself but im too lazy to hunt down some copper then fashion it. so if anyone has the part number for the contacts itd be extremely handy!

·
Registered
867 Posts
that's not a serviceable(spelliing?) part. In some countries they repair starters with new contacts but for the most part they are just replaced.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
28226-72010 ...This is the US # You'll need 2 sets.

HTH

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i tried checking sogi when i posted this but the website was having heaps of issues and all in all its not as friendly as this forum for trying to find things that you need.

turns out that part number up above worked but there were other part numbers as well which you need that i found by googling this pn.

anyways it didnt fix my problem (im assuming its in the wiring somewhere) so ive now hooked up a switch connecting the starter to the battery that i flick to crank the starter while i turn the key. its a good temp solution till i can actually work out the real problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts