Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped a Auto tranny in now the car won't start. There is voltage going to the starter. How do you overide the transmissinon neutral safety switch?.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Pull off the little relay thing and jumper the two terminals closest to the firewall. I made a little thing out of 2 male connectors for audio and a little piece of wire. Kind of looks like this:

[]=------=[]

·
Registered
542 Posts
pull off the panel on the passenger side under the glove box and look down there. There is a block with a bunch of relays on it. Its the one closest to the firewall on the bottom. The relay also says "Starter Relay" on it so its not too hard to find.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, I jumpered the black and white and still no go. Could my starter have crapped just sitting on the table?

·
Search
3,305 Posts
do you have a multimeter?

ground the negitive lead, and put the positive lead on your blue/black wire going to the solenoid with the brown clip on it. when you turn the key, if there's voltage there, then its pretty much the starter causing the problem. if there's no voltage... i don't kno wmuch 'bout automatics.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hooked a jumper to the solenoid and started the car up like that. Now to figure our why no power to the solenoid wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts