Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone imsorry to ask but... can someone take a picture of where the starter is or try your best to explain to me where it is =[...i think my starters dead...any pictures and comments would be apreciated thanks.

·
Search
3,303 Posts
its on the drivers side of the engine. its underneath the intake manifold. It bolts onto the tranny. You can see a little bit of it by looking under the intake manifold. you can see alot of it from underneath the car.

That's all i can think of :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
hmm i need help
When i turn my ignition i get a clicking sound. I had the battery checked and its perfect. Every now and then i get a crank but its like once in 25 times. :dunno: Is it my starter? or what should i check out?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had the same problem... im pretty sure your starters dead ...but search around alil there was a thread about somethign and the wires if you want to make sure it's your starter and not something else

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
tommi3 said:
i had the same problem... im pretty sure your starters dead ...but search around alil there was a thread about somethign and the wires if you want to make sure it's your starter and not something else

its not neccessarily dead....the contacts inthe starter are done...

you can get a 10-15 dollar rebuild kit from toyota...and simply replace the contact points and it will work fine...its a pretty common problem with these starters....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts