Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there's a starter rebuild kit for the MKIII starter? I did a search on the forums, but I could only find a part # for the MKIV kit. I also checked the EPC on Cygnus to no avail.

·
Registered
64 Posts
TeeC said:
Does anyone know if there's a starter rebuild kit for the MKIII starter? I did a search on the forums, but I could only find a part # for the MKIV kit. I also checked the EPC on Cygnus to no avail.

Check out4crawler's site . He sells contacts.
Dealer has them for about $15 a set but you still might need to bring in your old to match them up.

hope that helps

G

·
umm i think it uses the same stuff as a camry... just pull apart the starter and look for the cylinoid? or the thing with the stick pointing out and the 2 holding things :D...then just replace them and your done

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the quick replies. It looks like 28226-72010 is exactly what I need.

This is what my 18 year old starter contacts look like...

It would probably be a good idea for anyone who's doing a BHG to also pull the starter and replace the contacts.

BTW, I wasn't having any starter issues prior to pulling it. I just figured I'd do some preventative maintenance since everything is already apart.

·
Your ignorance...
399 Posts
Not sure about the mkiii starter, but I know the mkii solenoid is almost identical to the camry. I just-so-happened to have both laying around when mine on the 82 puked. Haven't had the mkiii one apart yet though, but my guess is that they are also very very similar.

G

·
Also do a little sanding on the copper ring piece on the shaft...its usually just as pitted and won't make a perfect contact...Same shit happens on ALL Toyotas...

G

·
most toyotas use the same contacts and cylinoids on the older models... the nwers models use more oval like contacts..its not circular like ours..and i think the newer ones use a longer cylinoid stick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts