Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am attempting the starter relay mod however I am not sure it is wired up correctly. As of now the old relay and wiring is all in place. I disconnected the clip that goes to the starter and zip tied it out of the way. I then have a 4 prong 40 amp relay. 87 to battery, 30 to starter, 85 to ground and 86 to alternator. From what I understand 86 and 85 can be inter changed and 30 and 87 cannot be.

I feel like every video I watch they say 30 to battery and 87 to starter but everything I have seen on the forum its 30 to starter and 87 to battery. Also should I hit the alternator with 86 or can I hit that to the battery also.

I am not great with wiring at all so if anyone could spell out the 4 numbers and where they go that would be great.

Lastly, I did not tap into the starter relay wire. I unplugged it from the starter and put a spade connector on my own wire and ran it to the starter and to the relay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured this out and got the car started last night. My set up is 87 to battery +, 30 to the starter (I unplugged the clip on the starter and added a spade on my own wire), 85 ground and 86 to the lower right pin where the green relay was plugged in (added a spade to my wire to plug in). Also, the spade that clips onto a 4 pin relay is the same size that clips onto the starter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts