Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so hears the deal after putting a new turbo elbow on my 89 mkiii turbo, i go to start it and something is messed up in the wiring harness that cuts the engine out. so today i start by checking any wires for shorts and stuff. i put everything back together and go to start it and it doesint start so i turn the key to the off possition and take my foot off the clutch and the starter continues to turn. I had to finnaly remove the power by the battery. every time now that i the hook the negative back up the battey the starter continues to turn. i dunno what to do am pissed

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
STUCK SOLENOID CONTACTS.
Remove the starter, disassemble, and check for contacts that are melted together.

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
its a pain. Thats the only advice i can give you. Pretty much have to take the thing out by feel. Theres an upper and lower bolt and the bolted on electrical connection. Onc bolt is longer than the other so keep track.

Another thing to check while its out is the contacts at the back of the starter. If they are heavily worn replace them at the same time. You can buy the contacts from toyota or an altenator/starter rebuild shop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts