Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wheelhophobia?
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would happen if you start off the line in second gear?? I doubt that it'll stall at high rpm's but will it harm our precious tranny? I figured it would eliminate one shift....

·
Wheelhophobia?
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stealth94 rt/tt said:
if you did any modding your clutch won't hold up too long.I'd advise against it but it's your car
I've got the Best (IMHO) clutch in the world (that i can afford). Not ragging on the tilton but i don't have that one. I got the RPS CC. I was just wondering if it was possible. I know you can do it really slowly if you wanted to on a regular car and i know our getrag tranny is built crazy..... it was just a thought.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I don't think there is much chance of hurting the tranny as you would probably be putting a more gradual load on it. You would just wear out the clutch in a hurry because you would have to slip the crap out of it.

Daniel

·
Wheelhophobia?
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just curious, cuz i remember someone saying that they put the car in second, rev up to about 6 or 7k, pull the e-brake, slowly let up the clutch (but not moving of course) and build like 1 bar on the line?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts