Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My car starts from cold perfectly and runs flawlessly when running however once it has been started and warmed up a bit it will not re-start. After cranking plugs are checked and are dry so it is not getting fuel. It has fuel pressure so I assume the injectors are not pulsing when cranking. Giving it some throttle input while cranking makes no difference. I believe a faulty Temperature sensor may cause this, any opinions or should I look elsewhere for the problem. Thanks Phil.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I take it from that trouble shooting guide my first thing to check is the IAC Valve? Can a faulty IAC Valve be responsable for no injector signal when warm/hot engine cranking? I can force the car to start when warm/hot by adding 20% to the idle control on the HKS S-AFR but as soon as it fires you have to quickly adjust it back to 0% or it will die from being too rich, once the car has fired and the idle control is back at 0% it idles/runs perfectly again. Thanks Phil.

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
regardless, your plugs should not be covered in gas or even be wet just from cranking so i would rule out bad injectors until you actually checked the injectors

you should have stored trouble codes as well so it may help to hook a sanner up to the car

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
SJ said:
regardless, your plugs should not be covered in gas or even be wet just from cranking so i would rule out bad injectors until you actually checked the injectors

you should have stored trouble codes as well so it may help to hook a sanner up to the car
*Thanks for your help, I'm thinking it can't be bad injectors or it would not be starting cold and idling/running perfectly under all other circumstances including boost, I was more thinking the injector signal was not right when attempting warm/hot starts for whatever yet unknown reason.
*I had assumed with no engine/check warning light on that it was not throwing a code. I will however do a diagnostic check tomorrow for any. I had assumed if you had any stored codes the engine/check light would be on? Thanks again, cheers Phil.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is throwing code 31 ---- Map sensor open circuit ect so I assume this could/will be related to the problem? Thanks Phil.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SJ said:
yes sir :) .... replace map sensor :)
Thanks for your insight and help, I'll let you know the outcome after MAP sensor replacement. Thanks Phil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts