Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The car turns over, starts and then immediately shuts off. As the RPM's climb on initial startup the car shuts off as soon as it approaches 2k rpms.

Anyone ever experience this? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

the only thing i've done was to check the wiring behind the ecu. I had to check the wiring done for my afc to make sure the throttle signal was tapped to the right place. after putting everything back together this problem started.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
I dont think thats the same problem NeverNZ....First I'd make sure the AFM is plugged in and then i'd check the AFM signal comming to the ECU where the SAFC taps off. Make sure its connected the right way and on the right wires. As I recall correctly it calls for the AFM signal to be tapped into.

Kruso

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
It sounds like either the AFC is not completing the AFM circuit or the AFC was not wired up correctly. If the ECU is not receiving the right signal from the AFM, it will do exactly what you are talking about. Check the wire that you cut and then spliced the two wires from the AFC into. If it looks ok, put that wire back together and see if it runs then. You can at least begin to narrow it down a bit that way.

N

·
0 Posts
Kruso said:
I dont think thats the same problem NeverNZ....First I'd make sure the AFM is plugged in and then i'd check the AFM signal comming to the ECU where the SAFC taps off. Make sure its connected the right way and on the right wires. As I recall correctly it calls for the AFM signal to be tapped into.

Kruso
it sounded like the same thing to me, so i was linking to that thread to see if it would be of any help

there are also some other good ideas in that thread

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas.

I got it started. My AFC died for some unknown reason a few days ago, turns out the dead afc caused an open AFM circuit as Trent & Kruso suggested. I removed the afc completely and the car started right away.

NeverNZ thanks for ur help as well. I looked thru that thread u posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts