Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so ive seen this has been asked before but I havent seen a definate answer or resolution to the problem.

I own a 86.5 NA Supra the day after I bought it used it wouldnt start; instead I would just hear the starter relay click by the glove box. So I assumed it was a dead starter at first and replaced it, I also replaced the battery and nothing worked. So this weekend I read something about a factory alarm that could be causing the problem and the solution was to remove the ACS fuse or something like that, however I dont have that fuse in my car. I then noticed that removing the neg batt cable for around 15 mins would allow me to start my car so I figured maybe it was the alarm again (Alarm is broken btw and I cant tell when it arms due to broken LED.) so I read there is switches in the doors that arm it. I remove the switches and everything seems awesome and everything seems to work great.

Now today I try to start the car and it starts to crank for like half a second and stops. It then stops responding and does the same click thing again so I pop the hood and see a wire connected to the hood latch, disconnect it and reconnect it and now it starts up again.

Im so frusterated! Am I on the right path to solving this or does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong? Toyota looked at it 3 times now and they cant figure it out. Also before anyone suggests the new starter contacts I already did that and it didnt help.

Im very sorry for the long post; just so frusterated with the problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New battery and ive tried using the key in the doors and it didnt work so instead I disconnected the wires attached to the door locks that arm the alarm and reset the alarm.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Well if you said it cranked that is not alarm. Maybe the new battery is discharged? sounds like not enough power. If you can crank it and it dont starts it might be cps, but you saying it doesnt even do that. hum it suppose to crank anyway, starter or battery , maybe bad ground?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts