Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't able to call today. Was there a diagnosis for my car issues. And did you come up with final totals on the other thing. PM me if necessary. Thanks.

Jermaine

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any NEW developments??? Call me or PM me. Anxiously waiting. :run:

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
Damn, it must suck not driving the Supra. I finally reinstated my insurance, so nice to drive it :cool: :tongue: Do I smell that 400 you were talking about?!?!!?

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe..... :hide:

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you guys drop my trans yet? If my problem is due to converter failure I want to take it out to Midwest on saturday.

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
I have a converter being built for our top secret project...... I should have it on tuesday, then I have to make the adapter plate once we bolt up the convert and tranny. Your old tranny is still in the car because we didnt want to totally disable another car here.....

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any idea on the cost? I'll try to come out tomorrow to get the info. Thanks Lar.

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tim, did you make the change we discussed Saturday? If not, I will stay with the .68 for the time being.

·
xxsupraxx hater
171 Posts
C5 4 NOW said:
Tim, did you make the change we discussed Saturday? If not, I will stay with the .68 for the time being.

Well..... Tim didnt show up til 5:30 today...i think he forgot what time we close? :bootyshak

JV

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THAT is dedication. :ugh2:

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
Thats how I roll!!! Drive 140 miles for 1/2 hour of work!
I will change out that housing in the morning.... Before my Free lunch that Jerry is going to buy me :1poke:

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know it will make more peak hp, but will it improve performance in the 1/4 mile? I have heard 2 opinions on this.

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
With a low A/R ratio, the turbine will spin up quicker, but as engine output and rpms increase, the restriction of the housing begins to build up too much back pressure on the engine, which reduces performance. A good rule of thumb for when there is too much back pressure is when the pressure in the exhaust manifold is more the half of the pressure in the cylinder. So basically, a larger A/R ratio will improve your engine's top end, while losing some mid range power and increasing turbo lag. A smaller A/R ratio will help the bottom and mid-range, but may effect the top end.

So I would guess that if you can get the car out of the hole OK then I would say yes, you will see a a better time in you 1/4 mile times....

·
VPC Power
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It better at least be 100 motor octane :ugh2:

·
Registered
84 Posts
any news on your car yet?? Let me know wuts going on so we can do something once i finish my finals... if u do have it take it easy on the small streets... :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts