Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Site - https://scgarageworks.com/

Purchase a carbon wheel from Greg Bauchat on in Feb, 26th 2018. Was told it will take 5 to 7 weeks for the wheel to be finish and might be a bit longer due to sourcing a wheel.

Have contacted Greg numerous times regarding status, and each time fed with the same BS, "oh we are so busy, we do so many steering wheels etc... etc..." I could never get an actual ETA out of him was just told to wait or cancel, eventually mid June rolls around he tells me its almost done and will expedite shipping, 12 days later emailed Greg on Monday no response, emailed Tuesday, again no response. Emailed on weds and finally fed up with his BS and called him out on Social media, and he responded with cancellation of my order for calling him out, obviously he didn't have my wheel or he could of just sent it out and rectified the situation.

So needless to say after waiting 4 month going on 5, he made no apologies, cancelled my order for calling him out, and blocked on IG. I will never do business again with this individual who clearly have no business sense, and lucky enough I got my money back. Another supra owner locally has waited as well with no product.

Also this company has a F with 6 complaints with the BBB, so stay away if you can. You can see the date it took for him to say its almost done and the time he says my order is cancelled he never had my wheel, doesn't take another 15 days to get me something he had.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Woooow so he had your wheel this whole time and could've just sent it to you but basically chose not to.... What a slimeball.... Sounds shady. Thanks for the heads up. Will be steering clear.

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woooow so he had your wheel this whole time and could've just sent it to you but basically chose not to.... What a slimeball.... Sounds shady. Thanks for the heads up. Will be steering clear.
Yea highly doubt he had the product. Otherwise he could of rectified this situation long ago.

·
Smith & Wesson Member
655 Posts
That sucks....

It took them longer then promised to make my wheel.

When I asked for an update, they said refund or wait.

I did get it and it came out flawless.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Wow, I bet they are like the few other guys I know who are also selling custom wheels like that are working with a vendor in China, a lot of times things get delayed and/or lost in customs, which I bet is what happened to your situation!

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sucks....

It took them longer then promised to make my wheel.

When I asked for an update, they said refund or wait.

I did get it and it came out flawless.

How does it feel? I only ordered it cause I wanted to try it, it looks super thick.

Wow, I bet they are like the few other guys I know who are also selling custom wheels like that are working with a vendor in China, a lot of times things get delayed and/or lost in customs, which I bet is what happened to your situation!
I mean if that's what happened sure just let me know, but his communication is what got annoying, just the same wait or cancel or yea its almost done then nothing.

But that last move was just petty, to say that in an email rather than apologizing and figuring out how to solve the situation.

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, that is what I'm hearing from another vendor who actually know Greg, half the time the shipment gets there but customs hold it for a month cause it gets denied entry or something. Don't know don't really care as long as I got my money back.

·
Smith & Wesson Member
655 Posts
How does it feel? I only ordered it cause I wanted to try it, it looks super thick.
It feels really good, most new car wheels are kind of thick, so I'm used to it.

All the people that felt and saw the wheel, like it a lot.

Too bad they did that to you, what a shame....

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It feels really good, most new car wheels are kind of thick, so I'm used to it.

All the people that felt and saw the wheel, like it a lot.

Too bad they did that to you, what a shame....
Yup, sad what companies are these days. I wanna support the local shops but yea its pretty ridiculous when be behave like this. Anyways I'm getting a 98 OEM carbon style wheel made, I feel it will fit my interior better for my purpose.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for posting your experience. I almost placed my order, but after reading your post I will take my business somewhere else.

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for posting your experience. I almost placed my order, but after reading your post I will take my business somewhere else.
No problem, if you need a wheel I got a guy. Done in 10 days.

Just to update, since my refund in June, my friend who also ordered about a month before I did is still waiting for his. Still getting fed the same BS from Greg.

Here is the one I got from another source.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Site - Welcome to SC Garage Works - SoCal Garage Works

Purchase a carbon wheel from Greg Bauchat on in Feb, 26th 2018. Was told it will take 5 to 7 weeks for the wheel to be finish and might be a bit longer due to sourcing a wheel.

Have contacted Greg numerous times regarding status, and each time fed with the same BS, "oh we are so busy, we do so many steering wheels etc... etc..." I could never get an actual ETA out of him was just told to wait or cancel, eventually mid June rolls around he tells me its almost done and will expedite shipping, 12 days later emailed Greg on Monday no response, emailed Tuesday, again no response. Emailed on weds and finally fed up with his BS and called him out on Social media, and he responded with cancellation of my order for calling him out, obviously he didn't have my wheel or he could of just sent it out and rectified the situation.

So needless to say after waiting 4 month going on 5, he made no apologies, cancelled my order for calling him out, and blocked on IG. I will never do business again with this individual who clearly have no business sense, and lucky enough I got my money back. Another supra owner locally has waited as well with no product.

Also this company has a F with 6 complaints with the BBB, so stay away if you can. You can see the date it took for him to say its almost done and the time he says my order is cancelled he never had my wheel, doesn't take another 15 days to get me something he had.

Having the same problem they aren’t even answering me back .... Im irritated

·
Luvs ( . ) ( . )s
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It’s been a couple weeks no refund or update ??” After I ordered 2x items by accident and ever Since I haven’t got anything
Yea man, I honestly don't know how he in business still. But I called him out on Social quite a few times before he refunded my money. I urge you to do the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts