Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of Goodridge steal braided lines... after looking over the stuff on MKIV, the install seems pretty straight forward....

a few questions... if I dont do a bleed and drive the car directly to the shop to get the system flushed, would it hurt anything...

and any other comments or suggestion about doing this job...

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Bleed Them!

With the amount of air you would have in the system after swapping out lines you'd be lucky to have any brakes at all!:eek: Bleeding brakes is't really that hard with either a friend or with a vac bleder. Pickup a book on general car repair and do a bit of reading - it'll serve you well....

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Man, you didn't wait for me to get off my ass... ;)

Installing them is a F'ing b*tch. Toyota over tightes the factor brake lines, this causes the flare nuts on the hard lines to flare out. Because of this they don't fit into the stainless lines.

You're going to need a dremel (easy) or a file (this will take a long time) to file down the edges so they will fit into the new lines. Then you're going to need to bleed the brakes, for this you will need a helper. Don't worry about bleeding the ABS unit, just bleed the brakes as any basic atoumotive manual.

But if you don't feel confident you can do it right, take it to a shop, you don't want to f*ck around when it comes to brakes. Properly working brakes are extremely important. You don't want to screw up and end up dead.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed braided lines myself on my Z. Its not that hard if you have a buddy to help you bleed the brakes. Just get 3' of clear tubing and a bunch of performance brake fluid.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys... I thought about it and I will probably have a shop do it... I dont want to mess aroudn with problems in this area of my car...

Hey sorry about the lines... I really need to swap my pads/rotors.. and I wanted to get everything done at the same time... no hard feelings right..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts