Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 566 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We started making these boxes, I wanted to give you all an update.
We made a mold of the bottom of the enclosure. We will be making "stealth looking stock location subwoofer enclosures.

EDITED 7/9/06

HERE ARE THE OPTIONS I NOW HAVE

Single 10"
2 X 10" Enclosure
3 X 6" Enclosure

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE SUB ENCLOSURES. I FIGURED I WILL SAVE PEOPLE FROM READING THE MANY PAGES ON THIS THREAD.
http://www.wickedcas.com/gallery/v/magicboxes/mkiv/

AND finally a single 10" enclosure that will still accomodate for the targa top to fit, and the spare tire to stay in the car.
Single 10 will be raised up in an angle to face the back, Minor mods will be required to the stock carpet, Or we will supply a template for new carpet cut out.

We will be using the same bottom all fiberglass enclosure and making different tops for them.

Nazar

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
pictuire4 is a comparison picture with a 10" sub inverted sitting edge to edge on the enclosure. This is NOT how we are planning to make the 10" enclosure, However the 10" inverted will work with a flat face box. Just throwing ideas out there.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't have any experience with the Focal subs, But knowing focal I am sure they will sound good.

We will be working on the top section of the box this week, Work is realy busy so we are trying to do this after work. I will have more pics and more details here in a couple days.

Nazar

·
Registered
441 Posts
I stopped by the shop today and took a look at this box... so far so good. It looks great!!! Can't wait for them to finish the rest so I can see the finished product. I think its going to work out great for either of the following situations:

- For those looking to replace there stock sub enclosure and not use any more space than stock. Go with some 6s and be done.

- For those who don't care about going above the stock height but using the stock sub location go with 8s or maybe even 10s. If they can get 2 10s back there with the targa still fitting thats the way I am going to go.

The beauty of his design is that you can choose which is right for you and he can make it custom to your specs.

Later!
Tom

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes we will be making these boxes for re-sale. The plan is to make a mold of each enclosure and have them produced. Most enclosures will use the same bottom with different tops.

As far as the 2x10" box goes. Well there was only enough room for a single 10, which we finished phase 2 of the single 10" box last night. IT IS A VERY TIGHT FIT. But It will clear the targa top and will still fit in side the stock enclosure space. however it will raise up in an angle towards the back of the car, sub facing the back. It looks realy nice from both sides, nice curves on this baby.

We designed and measured the single 10" box with a 10W3-v2 this will allow smaller subs to fit in there, allowing little more choisce for the purchaser to make a decision. There is still some finishing work to be done , next step is to send it out to get a mold made out of finished box.

I am personaly very exited about this project, we have always been talking about making this box/boxes, but i never had the my Supra long enough to start the project. So this time around we got into it as soon as I got the car.

Here is the update on the other boxes. We figured we maybe able to get a 3x8" subs in there with a slight angle. This adds a nother equation to the enclosure choices. However we think the single 10 will be the most popular choice. Not to mention most cost effective due to a single sub versus 3x8" subs. We are thinking about making one of each and see how they sound. The only real tricky box was the single 10, that's why we attacked that box first.

Any input and comments are welcome. let me know if there is something you guys might like to see. NO requests for 12" subs please, There is absolutely no way, not with the goals we are trying to achieve.

Oh one more thing, We would like to call these boxes "MAGIC BOXES" let me know how you like tha name. We are planning on making some other vehicle specific enclosures as well. We currently make an enclosure for the 350Z to fit under strut towerbarthat houses anywhere from single 10 to 3x10s. Don't worry our priority right now is the "Supra Magic Box"

Nazar

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
A pair of 8", let's call it 2x8" enclosure we will be making as flush as possible. I would say it would come up as much as the stock speaker box grille, At a slight angle. But still stay under the carpet.

As far as prices I need to get the mold back and get a price from the fiberglass shiop. Considering the thickness and quality of these boxes I would not expect it to be dirt cheap, Bit we also realize we are not gonna sell a single unit if it was outrageously priced. Ofcourse it will make a difference with how many requests we get and how fast we can produce them. We know one thing we are out to make friends not enemies, So WE WILL price them fair and affordable. And we should be able to offer them without woofers for everyones liking of their own woofer. Keep in mind we are designing most boxes around the W3-v2 JL series. weather for the 8's or 10's. So when making a selection for a nother woofer look up the dimensions for the W3s.

2x6 or/and 3x6 box will be tha last project since it will more likely be the least popular. Although I think that would be My own favorite.

Nazar,
If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to call my cell 603-557-4046 Remember I am in North East, Eastern Standard time.

1 - 20 of 566 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.